Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Sound stopped working in Telstra TV Screen Mirroring

Hi,

Since last week I could screen mirror my laptop on TV using Telasra TV screen mirroring function. 

Suddenly it started giving issue. Screen Mirroring works but the sound is not coming properly. It sounds very quirky sound.

I tried connecting to my TV using HDMI cable it works fine.

I am able to play on my laptop perfectly.

The issue comes only when I do screen mirror. Surprisingly youtube streaming directly on Telstra tv works fine as well.

I do not know how to resolve this issue. Can somebody guide me?

I called up Telstra TV support and they are telling me they are trained on screen mirroring option and hence I need to pay for platinum support.

I really found this quite unethical. If I am not able to follow instructions then I can understand I need platinum support, but if Telstra team is not trained in the product they sell why should I pay for support.

Nonetheless, I have registered a complaint. In the meantime please guide me if there is something more I can check to fix this issue. Wireless screen mirroring comes quite handy. 

Regards,

Ashish

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Sound stopped working in Telstra TV Screen Mirroring

Are you using windows 10? A major update happened last week that may be affecting mirroring. My Windows 7 machine works fine. My Windows 10 machine stopped mirroring properly after the Windows update installed.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Re: Sound stopped working in Telstra TV Screen Mirroring

Hi Jupiter,

Thanks for your prompt response. Yes I am using Windows 10.

You could be right after major update it may have stopped working.

I shall do one thing. I will take my latptop to my friends house who has google chromcast and check with him if it works or not.

If it works with Google Chromcast then telstra tv software needs to update.

I will update you in a day or two.

Regards,

Ashish

Telstra TV

Telstra TV helps you find and discover more of what you love.

Find out more