lmstearn
Level 6: Bloodhound

Telsta TV: In the Telstra Account?

Answered

Hi there,

Having acquired the Telstra TV, came across this link:

https://tv.telstra.com.au/portal/devices.html

which seemed to be a cool way of viewing info (account related- or otherwise) of the device in the Telstra account login. Activating the url here gets some redirects and 404s (Developer Tools reveals little) and takes us to the regular Telstra login.

Was there ever a way of viewing the device (namely its info or status) other than through the device itself?

Thanks for reading!

Crowd Support? What about support for the masses?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
lmstearn
Accepted Solution

Re: Telsta TV: In the Telstra Account?

Managed to get it on latest Chrome version 87.0.4280.88.

The only other thing for the wish list is for the devices page to have a manual backup/restore facility for the TV, in case of an unscheduled reset.

When the box is reset, all information of previous activations is wiped from the devices page. Is that necessary?

Thanks.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity

What info or status were you looking for?

The site does work (at least using Firefox, doesn't like Edge), if you log in via https://tv.telstra.com.au

All it shows it the Name that you gave it, the date it was activated and the Serial Number.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
lmstearn

Thanks, yes just the name, date & S/N, along with the promise of a nice piccy of the thing. Managed to get to the login portal of the tv.telstra link, and attempted to log in using my original Telstra email and password. Something must have happened, as there were progress animations while it bounced back to the login page, which now shows the following message:

Not sure if it was the same ID used in the box, as unable to determine that from the settings there. So now, in Chrome, and after deleting cookies, cannot even get to the login box on tv.telstra any more. Could be actually flagged as being logged in on the server, but it isn't showing that on the browser here in any case.

The link for 

in the original "Welcome To Telstra TV" email is also broken.

cf4

The reason you might be having trouble using the link in @Jupiter post is that although the link shows https://tv.telstra.com.au if you click on that link it takes you to https://tv.telstra.com/.

I was able to login to the site by using the same ID used for the My Telstra app and for Telstra My Account. I was only able to login using Firefox. If Edge was used it bounced back to login page. Edge uses the same rendering engine as Chrome so the site might also be incompatible with Google Chrome. 

lmstearn

Ah, okay, thanks. Bad luck for Chrome/Edge users then.

lmstearn
Accepted Solution

Managed to get it on latest Chrome version 87.0.4280.88.

The only other thing for the wish list is for the devices page to have a manual backup/restore facility for the TV, in case of an unscheduled reset.

When the box is reset, all information of previous activations is wiped from the devices page. Is that necessary?

Thanks.

View solution in original post

Telstra TV

Telstra TV helps you find and discover more of what you love.

Find out more