Liza71
Level 3: Gumshoe

Telstra Box Office - Cannot Rent or Buy

I have always been able to just add any purchase or rentals to my account. And today it' asking to link a new payment method.  Searched where to do this with no luck. Anyone have any suggestions?  Noticed on the forums that others have posted as far back as July.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
14 REPLIES 14
PacificLines
Level 1: Cadet

Re: Telstra Box Office - Cannot Rent or Buy

We're having the same problem - It just sends us to our account and there is nowhere to update payment details!!!!

Help?

Liza71

Hopefully we get the answers here.

TommyR
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Liza71. 

To update your box office payment details:

Log into your movie account at https://tel.st/9hsny9 > Settings > Payment. Follow the prompts to add credit/debit card or Telstra bill details.

Please note that only credit/debit cards issued by Australian financial institutions are accepted and can take up to 24 hours to appear on your account.

Telstra bill details can be added for post-paid broadband or mobile accounts. If your Telstra ID email address is a non-BigPond email, it must be linked to your Telstra account in order to charge to your Telstra bill. This can be done by following the prompts at https://tel.st/fm7c82.

If you still have trouble check out our box office support page here https://tel.st/mu92av and then type "Payment" into the search field to get further support instructions. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

TommyR
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Liza 71. Just checking into see how you went? - Tom

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

PacificLines

Hey Tommy, there seems to be an issue here - when we follow the prompts you have above as before it just logs you into your Telstra phone account - there is nothing there to update Bigpond Movie payments.

Can you please escalate this as it appears the “add payment method” links are sending us to the wrong place - we are getting none of the normal options we’ve had in the past…..therefore we have been unable to rent any movies 

Liza71

Hey Tom, there seems to be an issue Box Office.  Spoke to someone at Telstra via online chat yesterday.  Never had to add/change anything to rent movies, however added my debit card through My Telstra account as it won't allow you to do this through Box Office settings. I've have a Bigpond email.  Post paid home, broadband and mobile accounts are all with Telstra.

richb3363

Hi Liza71,

Did you get anything back on this issue? 

I have the same problem. Been using Box Office for years and rentals and purchases just went onto my account which is paid by DD.

Now I'm meant to pay by CC!

logged two cases and get told the same thing. Add a CC payment method and wait 24hrs...been 2 weeks now and still broken

If you have been given a fox, I'd like to know

Rich

Liza71

Hey Rich, no fix.  Was told that they're aware of the problem and to basically keep trying.  Pretty lame. I've seen posts on here that go as far back as June about the same issue. I ended up hiring movies through Amazon Prime.  Amazon had an issue once with rentals.  They fixed their issue in less than a day and instantly refunded the movie we missed out on.  I was impressed.  Shame they aren't in the telco business. Their delivery service puts Australia Post to shame too.

Kbs28
Level 2: Rookie

I finally spoke to the Telstra tv team just before after so much mucking around trying to get help about this issue. They advised it’s a global issue and should be fixed in 24-48 hours. 

Liza71

LOL, give or take. Box Office is in lockdown too.  Restrictions to ease on......

Kbs28

Yeah I’m not holding my breathe about the eta 

Kbs28

Breath*

richb3363

Hi Liza,

Check out BoxOffice today....seems to be working again 🙂

"$5.99 will be charged to your Telstra Broadband Bill"

Liza71

😮🏃‍:female_sign:

Telstra TV

Telstra TV helps you find and discover more of what you love.

Find out more