Unhappy41
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra Box Office

Since you no longer supported TVs older than 2016 we have just spent $2000 getting a newer model (our previous only being 2015 model and still working fine).  Now how do we get to use the Telstra Box Office on our new Smart TV.  If you can't tell me how to do this, then how do we get a refund for all our purchases in our library.  Very unhappy person wanting to watch something from our already purchased items on the new TV you made us buy.  Is there some type of collusion going on with TV makers?  If we cannot get this issue resolved we will be going to the Ombudsman (yet again) and obviously NSW Fair Trading because you have ripped us off.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
SteveW_52
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: Telstra Box Office

Do you have a Telstra Box Office app on the new Smart TV itself, or are you using a Telstra TV device?

If you have the TTV, how have you connected that to the TV, which input have you used and have you tried selecting that input on the TV?

Is that setup the same as you had with the previous TV (and was that working OK)?

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict 🙂 also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
Unhappy41

No we can't find it...our other TV had it on the screen and we just clicked and signed in with our telstra account...we are just going round and round in circles...telstra original message on our previous TV said app would stop working on TVs older that 2016 on such and such date that was all...

SteveW_52

OK, you need to look in the Apps area of the TV area to find, download and install the Telstra Box Office app, without that app you can't access it. Smiley Happy

A warning, not all TV's run the Box Office app..  they do have a list somewhere, of those TV's that are supported..  you might have to ask the store where you got the TV, if the Box Office app was supported.

What brand and model TV is it?

Stevo 52
SteveW_52

Depending on what services you have on your account and your status in Telstra Plus, you may be eligible for a free Telstra TV 3..  which will solve your problems..  I think it is only a small monthly cost if you have to purchase one.

Stevo 52
Unhappy41

Thanks for trying to help me...we didn't realise we had to purchase a certain type of TV...what a joke...anyhow will try to find out what's going on...I seem to go round and round on the website so here comes the pain of a trying to phone them when you can't download their app on a home phone.

SteveW_52

If you have the My Telstra app, use that. Go Get Help then click on the blue chat icon..

The 'bot' will ask some questions, keep your answers short and to the point..  if you get sick of the bot, type "Consultant" or "Speak to a consultant" and you will be placed in a queue for a consultant to message you back..  you don't have to sit and wait for the response - provided you stay logged in to the app and have notifications enabled, you can close the (but it keeps running) and you will be notified of the response (it could take hours)..  then start the chat about your Foxtel problem..

Good luck...

Stevo 52

Telstra TV

Telstra TV helps you find and discover more of what you love.

Find out more