ukbad
Level 2: Rookie

Telstra shameful netball coverage

I have unfortunately been stuck having to access the Suncorp Super netball through the Telstra TV app and I have to say it is without doubt the worst tv coverage of any sporting event I have ever seen. The picture is so bad you can barely recognise the person with the ball. Mercifully channel 9 are now able to show some games and they expose Telstra for the 3rd world service provider that they are. I’m going to have to vote with my feel and ditch these guys.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
MattyC
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Telstra shameful netball coverage

Sorry to hear that, ukbad. Are other streaming options/channels also problematic, or is it just the netball? Is this an ongoing issue, or a recent development? 

I'd like to know we've got you watching at the best quality available - Matthew.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

ukbad
Level 2: Rookie

Hello no the coverage has always been like this. The picture and sound quality look like a pirate video from the early 80s that was recorded on Betamax. I really do mean this, it is that bad. If I could take a screenshot and post it I would. It does not help that Telstra are supplying me with a 1.5 Mb per second Internet service speed. I live in the metropolitan area and really would expect better. Telstra have looked into it many times but are unable to increase my speed. Hopefully it will be better with NBN… I don’t know
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

I think you have just answered your own question. With a 1.5Mbps internet speed, the picture is going to come through as low quality because the bandwidth is not available to stream a higher quality picture.

You really need 3-5Mbps minimum for streaming services to work effectively.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Kjorg
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @ukbad

Thank you for your enquiry and my apologies for any issues you're experiencing with the Netball Live App. 

Do you experience the same low-quality when connected to the mobile network instead of Wi-Fi? 

Is this low-quality only impacting live streaming or full match replays as well? 

Live match videos in the Netball Live App are delivered in an adaptive bit-rate format, where the best quality stream is made available to your device based on the bandwidth availability at your current location.
If you experience deteriorating stream quality, an audio only feed or intermittent buffering/loading while watching a live match, please move to a location with better mobile network coverage or connect your device to a WiFi network with broadband connectivity that is uncongested.

Please let us know if you require any further assistance.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra TV

Telstra TV helps you find and discover more of what you love.

Find out more