Level 2: Rookie

telstra site will not activate my telstra tv

Answered

After entering the code to linktv, and entering my login and password, the "Manage my Telstra TV appears to cycle and nothing happens. Previously, I have had no problems doing this. I have performed all the steps outlined in the help section, tried re-setting my Telstra-TV, followed the suggestions on the Crowd Support ... all to no avail. I have also cleared cookies and so on from my computer and started afresh. Still no success. This is very frustrating as I pay subscriptions to sites like Netflix that cannot be accessed. Please help me.

win9

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 6: Bloodhound
Accepted Solution

Re: telstra site will not activate my telstra tv

I had the exact same problem when I tried to activate using my phone. I then tried on my PC and the activation completed OK.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
10 REPLIES 10
Level 6: Bloodhound
Accepted Solution

I had the exact same problem when I tried to activate using my phone. I then tried on my PC and the activation completed OK.

View solution in original post

Many thanks for your suggestion. In fact it worked in reverse for me. I could not activate TelstarTV using my PC, but did so using my phone. Many thanks for the tip.

Level 1: Cadet

hi there, ive got the same problem. tried every combination to log in phone, tablet, laptop but no success just keeps looping around to the manage my telstra TV page. 

so frustrating. if there are any other solutions to this i'd like to know

thanks for reading my post.

Ben

Hi there, Trying to have TelstraTV activated using my PC did not work - went in loops as you have described. The Telstra app on my phone did not work either - useless for this purpose. However, logging on to telstra.com/linktv via Google, then entering the code, then logging on with email and password worked. Good luck! 

Win

Had same problem. Activation looped on the "manage my Telstra TV" page after code accepted using phone, Edge browser, and Chrome browser. Telstra help suggested using Internet Explorer, and it worked.

Yes I have the same problem too.  Tried Chrome, Edge - no good.

Internet explorer worked for me!

TELSTRA - please update your scipts for the support team as this was never mentioned as a suggested fix.

Same as @B2 & @MrFishy Chrome & Edge will just loop around and won't let you login - Tried mobile & laptop.

Firefox worked fine though on laptop.

i just used the search engine Ecosia to successfully activate Telstra tv after trying through google on my phone and laptop

Isn't this absolutely annoyingly frustrating!!

I used the 'technical chat' option and even they didn't know about/how to fix the issue.

Eventually I decided to log into here and what do ya know! After reading so many people having the same issue, I used Internet explorer which FINALLY worked for me. 

It's just so disappointing when you get a new toy delivered and all you want to do is switch it on and get started, when what do'ya know the blasted thing doesn't connect/work. I just wish Telstra get their Sh*t together and communications right before they go putting out technology that even their "expert technicians" don't know about.

Rant Over. Thank  you for listening.

Firefox works for me. Try different search engines.

Telstra TV

Telstra TV helps you find and discover more of what you love.

Find out more