Highlighted
Level 3: Gumshoe

Telstra TV-2 Configuring enhanced remote says not compatable with Television

Problem: The volume control on the side of the Telstra TV enhanced remote does not work.

After pairing the remote and when attempting to configure the enhanced remote it says not compatible with Television.

Now I have two new Telstra TV-2 and four Televisions of which only one television is compatible however I have managed to fluke one by trying other brand names. 

The second Telstra TV I have tried same without success.

Does anyone have a way to trick it so the Volume control on the Telstra enhanced remote works?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Telstra TV-2 Configuring enhanced remote says not compatable with Television

What are the models of the TVs that it is saying aren't compatible?

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted

Re: Telstra TV-2 Configuring enhanced remote says not compatable with Television

The Tv I cannot get to sync is an AKAI Model AK-DC402016 39.5 Full high Def led lcd tv with internal DVD about 18 months old

Regards Trev

Highlighted

Problem: The volume control on the side of the Telstra TV enhanced remote does not work.

After pairing the remote and when attempting to configure the enhanced remote it says not compatible with Television.

Now I have two new Telstra TV-2 and four Televisions of which only one television is compatible however I have managed to fluke one by trying other brand names. 

Does anyone have a way to trick it so the Volume control on the Telstra enhanced remote works?

@Kiwitrev wrote:

Highlighted

I have another brand new TV its a 32inch JVL and to get the remote volume to work I used "JVC #50" and it works for anyone with a "JVL from Office Works"

Highlighted

For the AKAI, try the Samsung codes. AKAI used to (don't know if they still do) be rebranded low end Samsung TVs.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted

Thanks for that, I have tried Samsung all 50 selections but no success. I have tried many brands without success but some say they have connected and bring up at top right a Headphone Pic with an explanation and the number 100 beside? but the volume control does not work.

Regards Trev

Highlighted

Ok I have now done a couple of films showing how to setup the Telstra TV Remote for volume control as per the following links on YouTube (copy and paste)

https://youtu.be/E6XZhc2J2js
https://youtu.be/OwZ9PpoTSeY

Telstra TV

Telstra TV helps you find and discover more of what you love.

Find out more