Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Telstra TV 2 losing HDMI video sync

When I am watching Netflix on my Telstra TV 2 every few minutes the screen will go green. If I switch HDMI inputs and then switch back it syncs back up and I am able to continue watching. It seems like a video sync issue with the HDMI. It is auto selecting 1040p 1.4 (but even if I manually select that I get the same problem, I've even tried 720 manually but same thing happens). I am running the Telstra TV box through an AV receiver (to make use of the 4 HDMI ports) then to the TV. Nothing else seems to be having this issue, neither my XBox One, nor my Samsung DVD player. Do I have a dodgy Telstra TV 2 box? Is there a way to force the signal to not auto change all the time? Is there a Firmware upgrade I need? HELP!

MCTS, MCP, MCSA

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Telstra TV 2 losing HDMI video sync

Have you tried changing HDMI ports and HDMI cable (it could be either of them, so try one at a time)? Then try running it direct to the TV to eliminate an incompatibility with the AV receiver.

If the problem is still occurring after that, try a factory reset of the Telstra TV (there is a button near the power cord, or you can do it from the menu).

If the problem still persists, it sounds like a faulty unit and you need to call 132200, and say "Telstra TV" then "Faults" at the prompts. The consultants will be able to assist further.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted

I have tried changing cables (just got this working the other day, and didn't get home until late last night so couldn't try the other two suggestions, though they are on my list to try), changing the cables did nothing.
It would be a shame if it didn't work with my receiver... as everything else does. Including my Foxtel IQ2 that I just had to give up due to moving to a place where all that was available to me is Telstra Velocity with using Foxtel Now. No cable, no DSL, no satelite.
MCTS, MCP, MCSA
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Phronc, May I ask if you have spoken directly with our Velocity Assurance Team. They can be contacted at 1800 008 994 Opt 3 as they may be able to investigate what is going on exactly. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted

Not yet. I will be calling them today.
MCTS, MCP, MCSA
Highlighted

I've done all of the above. None of it worked. The only thing that works is to plug the Telstra TV Box directly into the TV. This is obviously LESS than optimal. I will be calling Telstra to see what can be done.
MCTS, MCP, MCSA
Highlighted

What model is your AV receiver (I'll have a read through its manual and see if there are any settings that can be altered that might help)? It sounds like that is where the issue lies given the problem doesn't occur with a direct connection to the TV.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted

Highlighted

OK, I'm less than satisfied.
1)Called support and they said that the Telstra TV box was designed to only connect directly to the TV, so because of the receiver this is not their issue. It should not be connected to a Receiver.
2)Foxtel Now is a self service only service. So they could not assist me to correctly select the right plans even though their system doesn't allow you to select the plans and your changes but once a month. Now I have to pay for ALL THE PLANS for a whole month until I can get rid of the ones that I don't want.
Plus I think that I made a nastier comment than this before and it got deleted, so I am less than happy about Telstra censoring my comments on this board.
MCTS, MCP, MCSA
Highlighted

I've had a look at the manual for your receiver and there is nothing I can suggest trying that would fix the problem. It looks like it just isn't compatible with the Telstra TV (which is odd, but possible).

As far as Foxtel Now goes, it is self-service (and Telstra doesn't control it). The full Foxtel product limits you to one change per month.

Telstra TV

Telstra TV helps you find and discover more of what you love.

Find out more