Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra TV 3 functionality without Telstra Broadband?

Answered

I'm keen to get a Telstra TV (v3) and have been weighing it up against the Nvidia Shield. The only thing holding me back right now from going with Telstra TV is that some key functionality (home, search, live TV, etc) doesn't appear to be available without a Telstra broadband service.

I'm on NBN but am unable to go with Telstra as my fixed line provider where I am (not available). Does anyone know if/when this basic functionality will be made available to those without a Telstra broadband service?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: Telstra TV 3 functionality without Telstra Broadband?

All functionality is available no matter who your provider is.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

All functionality is available no matter who your provider is.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Really? Is this due to a new update? All online reviews and videos indicate that this is not the case. You can still access your apps, etc. but not live TV, search or the home view.

Highlighted

Must be reviews from before 14th May 2019 when access was opened up to everyone.

Excellent - thanks again! If that's the case I'll pick one up this afternoon... and will loop back if it doesn't work Smiley Happy

Telstra TV

Telstra TV helps you find and discover more of what you love.

Find out more