Mellsy19
Level 2: Rookie

Telstra TV 4K Remote

For the last few months some buttons on my Telstra TV remote intermittently stop working. Sometimes its just the 'ok' button, sometimes the up or down or side arrows, and other times a combination of all those. I have changed the batteries and reset multiple times and nothing helps. It will randomly have this issue then within hours or sometimes days it will just resolve itself.

Incredibly frustrating as we have set up so that all apps and free to air go through the Telstra TV. I use the app when the remote is not working, but that still annoying. The whole thing is driving me bonkers!!

Please help!

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Ozmoz
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: Telstra TV 4K Remote

Hi @Mellsy19 

Is your remote a standard version or the Enhanced version (Has volume rocker and mute on side of the remote)?

Someone keeps putting vegetables in my beer crisper :-(

Footnote: I don't work for Telstra, I just try to help out fellow Telstra customers.
Mellsy19

Just the standard version from the look of it

Ozmoz

@Mellsy19 wrote:

Just the standard version from the look of it

Hi @Mellsy19 

If it's less than 24 months old it can be replaced under warranty. Contact support then.

Otherwise, you may have to get another one yourself. There are Roku ones, unbranded,  available for $10 on eBay (As an example). They are not the Enhanced version, which isn't as good for connection.

Or your local Telstra store may have them for $25. Or you can order online for $25 and $5.95 postage (Used to be free postage).

I think you can also use your Telstra points to buy one. I haven't checked the store.

Someone keeps putting vegetables in my beer crisper :-(

Footnote: I don't work for Telstra, I just try to help out fellow Telstra customers.
Mellsy19

Thanks, I’ve actually just got an email to say I can get an new Telstra TV with my tier, YAY! Might look at getting a remote of eBay or something for the spare telly anyway 👌🏻

Telstra TV

Telstra TV helps you find and discover more of what you love.

Find out more