CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Telstra TV - Amazon Prime app

The Prime Video app is not playing forced subtitles (subtitles for foreign language audio in English programs). They are working on other devices (iPhone). One example is the Jack Ryan series. Makes watching impossible to unless you run it in sync on the phone to check the subtitles when they are needed.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Telstra TV - Amazon Prime app

Hey  @CB581, thanks for reaching out. Is this a recent or ongoing issue? Have you spoken with tech support? 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted

Thanks @TanashaM - we only recently downloaded the Amazon Prime Video app, but it has been an issue the whole time we've used it and across multiple shows. We have reported it to Amazon, but they do not have a specific fix and have elevated it to their IT people (no idea what that actually means or how long until there is any solution). They believe it is an issue more with the Roku device than their app. (I note that we have since discovered we can see the forced foreign subtitles if we turn English cc on - but then we have to have to also see all the English dialogue, not just the foreign translations.) I have not specifically spoken with Telstra tech support yet - should I?

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

I would suggest its something the Amazon Prime IT guys will need to address. If it was Telstra TV related it would likely be an issue on more of our channels. Happily these things are typically resolved with a software update, its just a matter of waiting for it to be identified, diagnosed and patched. I don't think a call to our technical team would help speed this up, to be honest. Appreciate your patience in the meantime.

- Matthew. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Highlighted

I have this exact problem at the moment! I would love to know who to get in contact with to see how they can fix it, or at least to report the issue to. I would love to know if there are more of us out there too so we can get this sorted

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Hi @emily3xo

Sorry to read that you are also experiencing the same issues. The best team to contact is available on 13 22 00 and say "Fault", then "Telstra TV".

Please let us know how you go and all the best.

- Jimmy

Telstra TV

Telstra TV helps you find and discover more of what you love.

Find out more