Level 3: Gumshoe

Telstra TV and google Home

Now Roku has enabled control via Google Home, I was wondering when the Telstra TV will accept Google home as control agent?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
12 REPLIES 12
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Telstra TV and google Home

This was launched on 30/10, but I haven't seen an article about this yet. I will see about getting an article created with set-up instructions.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Level 2: Rookie

There’s instructions at the very bottom of the screen on the Telstra Tv home page. Scroll down past Telstra Tv recommends, My Apps, On Live Tv Now, etc. It’s called Voice Linking. Or just go to your Google Home app and add it. I have successfully added my tv however when I ask it to play something it thinks for quite a while then says it’s about to play it, then says something went wrong try again later. About the only thing I can control at the moment is if I say pause the tv or play. Am looking forward to it working fully, as it’s a great feature to have.
Level 1: Cadet

I've also linked to Google Home but it doesn't seem to be able to do anything yet.....?

yes same here. Took quite a few attempts to link it to Home but it has done it. I can get google home to turn it on but thats it. Dont know if you can add commands like in the logitech harmony hub that you write a command then write the steps involved to execute the request. Hope to play with it a bit more but until Telstra give a short description of what we can expect it to do doesnt seem worthwhile.

What version of software do you need mine does not have the option and no updates are available when I check this is a Telstra tv 2

Hi Mattiebes,

I have two Telstra TV2 and both are Model 4700-Yl with software versions 8.1.6 . build 4093-43.The other one does not have the option to link at the bottom of the screen. This one is connected by ethernet via a POE unit but I have put it on wi-fi and the option still does not appear. This one is also connected to an older Tv in the bedroom. Cannot understand why one has the option to link and the other not , unless the unit requires a particular connection with the Tv which the older unit doesn't have????.

Hi Mattiebes again,
Dont know what happened but The Model numbers are 4700-TL not 4700-YI (pretty sure i typed it in correctly Ist time)
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi thepointis55

It looks like there can only be one Telstra TV device assigned currently. It has been noted here http://tel.st/s5x72

- AlistairQWA

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Just did update to latest Firmware on TTV - Telstra TV does not show the option for "Voice Linking"  TTV is a wired connection, not wi-fi - Is this the issue?  If not, how do I remedy? 

Probably should have directed this to you in the first place -
Just did update to latest Firmware on TTV - Telstra TV does not show the option for "Voice Linking" TTV is a wired connection, not wi-fi - Is this the issue? If not, how do I remedy?  Also have done a wi-fi connection for TTV, so this is not the issue... How do I remedy?

Hi Alistair,

That could be correct but the TV that does not show the linking ability was the 1st one I tried. I was just playing around with the TV/Telstra TV in the kitchen one and noticed that I could link with that unit.

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi @Hephaestus

If you have followed the instructions at http://tel.st/jntyb and still have issues, please call 132200 and say 'TELSTRA TV' then 'FAULTS' fir further assistance. 

Don't hesitate to let us know how you go, or contact us about any other matter. 

Telstra TV

Telstra TV helps you find and discover more of what you love.

Find out more