Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Telstra TV app - SBS On Demand Sign-In option

G'Day All!

With the SBS On Demand app, does anyone know how can we sign-in? Or logon using our SBS On Demand user account? I had been trying to look but cannot find it.

I want to sign-in to the SBS On Demand, so that Telstra TV will be able to load my Show subscriptions and etc.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Telstra TV app - SBS On Demand Sign-In option

Hi BOB88R,

From what I've been able to dig up in my investigations of our internal systems and the Telstra TV we have here, it looks like there isn't a way to enter your SBS On Demand login into the Telstra TV App currently.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted

Hi @thedylan,

Sorry for the late follow-up.

I used the SBS On Demand app from several devices - Smart TV, tablet, smartphone and PC, and the app has the option to Sign-In or logon using my account. I'm wondering why this functionality in Telstra TV's SBS On Demand app is missing? Why can't you used the app that is used in other devices? Is the app customised by Telstra or Roku's development team? My understanding is that SBS own the app, but I'm wondering why a cutdown version is used in Telstra TV?

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

The current application for SBS On Demand on the Telstra TV does not support the log-in feature available on other SBS apps.

- Shelly

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted

Hi @Shellock, is there further explanation why does the SBS OnDemand app on Telstra TV does not support the Log-In feature? Just curious, who maintains the app - SBS or Telstra? Why can't Telstra TV use the same app used in Smart TV's?

Highlighted
Level 20: Director

@BOB88R wrote:

Why can't Telstra TV use the same app used in Smart TV's?

Possibly a different OS? Roku possibly have their own proprietry OS/firmware.

Cheers!

Telstra TV

Telstra TV helps you find and discover more of what you love.

Find out more