Maxnett
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra TV Audio fail

Answered

The audio on my Telstra TV has failed in that although it plays audio the audio is distorted and tinny as if a cable is slightly disconnected.  I have replaced the HDMI cable, reset audio settings, placed the lead into another channel of my amplifier, adjusted settings to play in stereo, plugged the device into another TV, updated to current firmware version and reset everything.  I know the able is good, the amplifier is good and suspect the ROKU device has failed.  This is yet another Telstra product that I have bought that has failed within a few months of getting it.  Has anyone had similiar problems with this device affecting the audio and has fixed it without returning the device.

sincere regards

Maxnett

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Wanglese
Level 22: Superhuman
Accepted Solution

Re: Telstra TV Audio fail

Hey @Maxnett,

If you plugged the device directly into the TV(not the amplifier) and it's failed, then obviously the box is faulty and you can call support for a replacement.

The HDMI must be directly plugged into the TV, I beleive to prevent copy protection. A pain, I know, but that's down to the manufacturer.

I have 2 of them (one since they first came out), and they work fine.

If I've helped in some way, a Kudos would be appreciated.
Any opinions I express or advice I give are purely my own, and don't represent Telstra.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Wanglese
Level 22: Superhuman
Accepted Solution

Re: Telstra TV Audio fail

Hey @Maxnett,

If you plugged the device directly into the TV(not the amplifier) and it's failed, then obviously the box is faulty and you can call support for a replacement.

The HDMI must be directly plugged into the TV, I beleive to prevent copy protection. A pain, I know, but that's down to the manufacturer.

I have 2 of them (one since they first came out), and they work fine.

If I've helped in some way, a Kudos would be appreciated.
Any opinions I express or advice I give are purely my own, and don't represent Telstra.

View solution in original post

Telstra TV

Telstra TV helps you find and discover more of what you love.

Find out more