Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra TV captures browser sessions, not devices

Got dudded by Telstra TV when renting a movie. We occasionally rent movies using a laptop (HDMI to tv), with laptop having a browser session logged into the telstra account.

Logged in tonight, paid the money. Go to watch it and it says I can't "replace a device". The problem being the device isn't the laptop, it's the damn browser session from the last few times we rented a movie this way.

We have 2 days to watch the movie before it expires, but cannot replace a device for another 10 days. To top things off it was a new release $20 movie.

Of course the 1800 502 502 number on the website is only staffed during business hours, according to the recorded message.

All in all - truly hopeless.Lost my business. 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Telstra TV captures browser sessions, not devices

Sorry to hear of the troubles @russ8. I recommend sending a message through to our team via the MyTelstra app (available 8AM-8PM) and they will be able to assist you with your inquiry. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra TV

Telstra TV helps you find and discover more of what you love.

Find out more