Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Telstra TV Changes Source When Clicking Any Button On Remote

Answered

I have a Telstra TV (Roku 4200TL) which has been working without issue for months.

When we select the source (HDMI3) the Telstra TV interface appears.

As soon as you press any button on the Telstra TV remote e.g. Home or Options it immediately changes the source to HDMI1/DVI 

We are unable to select any app within Telstra TV or access the Telstra TV settings.

Have tried:

• Replacing batteries in the remote
  • Changing the HDMI input from HDMI 3
  • Removing the power cable from the actual Telstra TV device (overnight)

I have a Samsung UA55D800 TV.

There is a Foxtel IQ box attached to HDMI 4.

I did attach a new Chromecast to the HDMI 2 (ARC) port which I have disconnected - not sure if the issues with the Telstra TV started at this time or not?

Thanks

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: Telstra TV Changes Source When Clicking Any Button On Remote

I wonder if it is because you have CEC enabled and the remote from the Telstra TV is triggering it to wake up.

https://www.cnet.com/au/how-to/how-to-turn-your-tv-on-with-chromecast/

On some forums, they suggest making sure that the Chromecast is connected to a power source other than USB so that it isn't waking up and changing the TV Source to itself.

Alternatively, you can leave the Chromecast disconnected while not in use.

- Shelly

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Shelly
I disabled the Samsung Anynet+ in the tv settings and both devices are now working. I can't take advantage of the CEC functionality but that is not really an issue - I just have to use the TV remote to select a source for Chromecast, FOXTEL or Telstra TV. Interestingly, even with the Chromecast disconnected I still had the source issue with the Telstra TV. Anyway, up and running again.
Thanks

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

When you press a button on the Telstra TV remote, the Telstra TV should wake up, which should trigger the TV to change to HDMI 3 (in your case). This trigger is caused by the TV seeing the signal come from the Telstra TV and is controlled by the TV.

For it to switch input to HDM1/DVI, the TV would have to see a signal on the HDMI1 or DVI port. The Telstra TV cannot change the input in this manner.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

I wonder if it is because you have CEC enabled and the remote from the Telstra TV is triggering it to wake up.

https://www.cnet.com/au/how-to/how-to-turn-your-tv-on-with-chromecast/

On some forums, they suggest making sure that the Chromecast is connected to a power source other than USB so that it isn't waking up and changing the TV Source to itself.

Alternatively, you can leave the Chromecast disconnected while not in use.

- Shelly

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Shelly
I disabled the Samsung Anynet+ in the tv settings and both devices are now working. I can't take advantage of the CEC functionality but that is not really an issue - I just have to use the TV remote to select a source for Chromecast, FOXTEL or Telstra TV. Interestingly, even with the Chromecast disconnected I still had the source issue with the Telstra TV. Anyway, up and running again.
Thanks

Telstra TV

Telstra TV helps you find and discover more of what you love.

Find out more