How do you download extra  apps on Telstra TV

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DrQ
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: Telstra tv Download apps

You can download the app's available, by selecting the 'app' menu option from the home page, it is on the left below home.

That will show you the apps that are currently available via the Telstra TV.
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
8 REPLIES 8
DrQ
Accepted Solution

You can download the app's available, by selecting the 'app' menu option from the home page, it is on the left below home.

That will show you the apps that are currently available via the Telstra TV.
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

View solution in original post

Mikee006
Level 1: Cadet

Am I able to add additrional apps to Telstra TV? eg NBL LIVE which is available to all Telstra customers.

Steph
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Mikee006

Only the apps available as per DrQwerty's instructions are currently available for download. Apps that aren't listed aren't presently able to be downloaded to the device.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Stormtigers2017
Level 3: Gumshoe

I find this whole Telstra TV device very strange.

As a home phone, broadband, mobile and foxtel and subscriber I would think I pretty much could be a dedicated supporter.

With my Foxtel subscription I can access FOXTEL using the FOXTEL app on 5 android or other devices.

Telstra TV is a RUKO android box. Aha I thoughtI can get rid of the tablet beside the bed to watch Foxtel rather than going out to the lounge room in the middle of the night.

NOPE

Surely if you are already a Foxtel Subscriber with a free device (max 5) I could login (thats all that needs to be done) to the FOXTEL app. No I only get FOXTEL NOW on the Telstra TV box which is a further subscription service.

Doesnt that just seem a bit silly ?  Its an ANDROID BASED DEVICE.  Load the FOXTEL app onto it and if I have a subscription allow me to use it as a registered device.

Its not brain surgery  really 

DrQ

It isn't but Foxtel dont want Foxtel (previously Foxtel Go) to be able to be used easily on TVs. They want people to get multiroom instead (not always possible or plausible but still) so they put limitations on that mean that you need Foxtel Now (previously Play) instead. Honesty it is a Foxtel limitation. If you want Foxtel to allow Now for customers with logins for what was Go then I would suggest adding your voice to the rest of the similar feedback over at http://community.foxtel.com.au
Helpful Links

datalore777
Level 20: Director

@Stormtigers2017 wrote:

Its an ANDROID BASED DEVICE.  Load the FOXTEL app onto it and if I have a subscription allow me to use it as a registered device.

Umm, no. The Roku does not use Android. It is it's own OS based on Linux.

Cheers!

edgey
Level 1: Cadet

Yeah it is a total scam, i got told by a telstra sales person i could watch my foxtel account on the telstra tv box and that it received normal tv free too air , it did neither , i just cant believe it wont let you use foxtel go , i know foxtel go requires silver light too work and that is a Microsoft product but still it makes no sense , now i have the latest tesltra tv2 box after i was told again i can receive free too air tv with out needing an aerial and that i could watch foxtel but ounce again i have been mislead and ofcourse since i upgraded too the new telstra tv2 box my plan starts again from scratch, so now i have 2 telstra tv box's sitting in the cupboard gathering dust , thank you telstra for an awsome product and service RIP 

DrQ

Edgey, I can’t know for sure what your conversation entailed, if they said you could access Foxtel via the TTV then that in itself is not incorrect, if they said you could access your existing full service Foxtel streaming via FFT then that wouldn’t be right. Also the TTV2 can be used for FTA TV, so I don’t see the problem there?

That being said, if you feel you were mislead you can lodge a complaint and the complaints team may be able to credit you any charges you paid for the device (if any) or if you upgraded may be able to help ensure you are on the best suited plan for you and hopefully sort it out as best they could.
Helpful Links

Telstra TV

Telstra TV helps you find and discover more of what you love.

Find out more