zac2170
Level 2: Rookie

TELSTRA TV download error

Hi,

I followed all the steps, the TV box went through process of downloading software etc, provide activation code, entered that on PC,

Recieved email with confirmation of activation.

Original setup was wired connection, it checked the 3 conditions, confirmed internet access, then goes through software updated requested again, I click accept Ts and Cs and then tries to download software but reports error :

"activation plugin not downloaded -4".

I then tried as wireless connection, it checks and confirms I have internet access and then does the same.

What does this mean, how do I resolve.

I have reviewed CrowdSupport pages and could not find solution there.

Thanks

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
IvanS
Support Team
Support Team

Re: TELSTRA TV download error

Hi zac2170, 

Sorry to hear of the error with the Telstra TV there. 

Have you been able to try a factory reset on the device? Can find details on how to reset here: https://www.telstra.com.au/support/category/entertainment/telstra-tv/factory-reset-a-telstra-tv-devi...

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

JellyM
Level 4: Private Eye

Yeah, try this fix as this worked when i called.

reset your telstra tv :

--take the hdmi cord out and the ethernet cable if it's there but keep the power cable on

--get a pin and make sure it reaches the button inside, the reset hole is just under the power cable at the back of the unit

--press the pin down on the hole for 20 seconds

--unplug the power cable and plug the cords back in after a few seconds

--set your internet connection when it restarts (set up a new wifi connection) and you know that you did the reset right if the password is gone

--go through the automatic software update, time zone, terms and condition

--activate telstra tv screen (follow the prompts) and then wait for 'activation successful' message on the TV

--press next tip, next tip, and then stop when you reach ALL DONE. And then press ok to confirm it, but don't press anything else and ignore if it asks you for a time zone or internet connection. In fact, just let go of the remote after pressing all done and just wait patiently for the message 'updating apps' to pop up.

That should do the fix! it's tricky but it works.

I am a Telstra Employee but participate in the forum on my own time, my opinions are my own and don't necessarily represent my employer.
KathleenC
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Thanks for sharing the fix with the rest of the community JellyM

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Kristen77
Level 1: Cadet

Yay! This worked well for me!
zac2170
Level 2: Rookie

Many thanks, worked for me as well. I must say Telstra on line support is getting better.

Telstra TV

Telstra TV helps you find and discover more of what you love.

Find out more