Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Telstra TV Home Google Issue

Voice commands no longer work. Done everything imaginable including factory reset, leaving it off overnight, and Telstra support via app (half a day there!) and calling the number get close message. *Telstra Support said say something else to get connected next week. Meanwhile, do you know the solution? Just won't connect anymore via Google. Keeps trying to connect then Not Responding. Looping message/s.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
9 REPLIES 9

Re: Telstra TV Home Google Issue

Same issue here. Have had it working on both a TV2 and more recently a TV3 but now has stopped working.

Device is linked to the Google Home correctly but shows as not connected. Google Home accepts commands for it but nothing happens. Have unlinked and relinked, performed three factory resets all to no avail.

Be interested to see if this is as a result of a firmware change or something else.

Very frustrating though.

Highlighted

Same here... everything was working fine up to about 10 days ago. I have unlinked - linked, factory reset etc... but nothing works.

It shows it in the correct "room" but the graphic says the Telstra TV is 'offline'

Any suggestions welcomed

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Same issue here, keeps saying it's offline in Google home app

Highlighted

I thought it might have model specific to the TV3 and it's enhanced wifi remote as that's what I had linked to my Google home when I noticed the issue.

However I also have two TV2 units and I now have tried all three and none work anymore even after all of them have been factory reset.

Disappointing to say the least.

Highlighted

I’m thinking there has been some update that has caused this issue

Highlighted

Does everyone here, who has the issue have the Telstra Gen 2 modem? And do any of you have the Telstra wifi extender?

I'm just trying to see if there is some commonality to the problem.

Highlighted

I have the Gateway modem. No wifi extender. My modem is a wired connection direct to the TV3 box

Highlighted

The plot thickens. I still have the same issue with Google Home app showing the TTV as offline / not responding, but voila my voice control is back.

Just thought I'd do a bit of wishful thinking last night and tried " hey google play channel 10"

What do you know it did.

Just tested on launching youtube and that works too.

Hopefully it continues

Highlighted

What do you know... mines back too. So nice of Telstra to let us know lol

Telstra TV

Telstra TV helps you find and discover more of what you love.

Find out more