Highlighted
Level 9: Captain

Telstra TV is it any good

As some readers of this forum would be aware I have had great difficulty in getting Plus7 and even greater difficulty getting any form of beneficial assistance (keep getting told to ring Helpline , about as useful as an ashtray on a motorbike)

Now Stan and 9Jumpin refused to load last night , 9Jumpin kept telling me that my connection was at fault , this is definitely not the case

Is anyone out here interested in solving my problem

Also noted the online price has dropped to $99.00 is this indicative of a clearance sale on the product

runaround

"Just someone trying to get my TelstraTV to work like in the advertisements"

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
123 REPLIES 123
Highlighted
Level 20: Director

Re: Telstra TV is it any good

Link for the cheaper price? On the main Telstra TV page, it's still $109.

Cheers!

Highlighted

Nothing on free to air TV Saturday night 16/1/2016 , thought we will watch a Bigpond movie (last Cab to Darwin) did all the clicks and finally got HTTP-28 error whatever that means tried 4 times still got same error , oh by the way I have been billed

Next try Stan still cannot access , OK try Presto , got a time out , OK try 9Jumpin again no success

Where is the assistance , these faults are not at my end there appears to be some intrinsic problem with the TelstraTV that needs to be fixed at that end

It is concerning that even the price reduction is not correct on all telstra sites (see above)

Where are you Zeke or Ben or some one who can provida answers and assistance , all I want is for it to do the job I bought it for , let me enjoy a bit of TV

Anyway over to you

I shall wait patiently , then

runaround

Highlighted

Re: price difference, your "see above" does not point to the link you are referring. Please provide.

In regards to getting assistance, I'm hoping you have or are going to make contact with the Telstra TV team directly. To quote one of the mods, "You just need to call 133933 and say "Telstra Tv" and then Faults."

Smiley Wink

Cheers!

Highlighted

Hi Datalore777

I have spent hours on the phone trying to get assistance

Again last night Sunday 17/1/2016 decided to try and watch the Bigpond movie we have paid for and again got the Error HTTP-28

Am sitting on the phone right now trying to get some assistance (lol)

The situation has become rather ludicrous

runaround

Highlighted

A small win , got a credit for $5.99 movie rental

Anyway still waiting for some form of actual assistance

Just for fun I turned off the modem and TelstraTV and back on after the obligatory wait , guess what still no difference

If anyone reading this is considering a TelstraTV , my suggestion is keep considering until posts like this one show a permanent resolution or you will be rowing the same boat

If I am the only one having these problem , why ?

Internet connection speed is good , TelstraTV is ethernet connected , there is nothing else I can do at this end

I spoke with the fault people and was told it is not the TelstraTV but the app providers and to ring them so is this a resolution that I ring Bigpond movies , Stan , Presto ,9Jumpin and Plus7 , I do not think , this is indicative of an intrinsic fault with the product that in my humble opinion would require a firmware flash at least

Moderators , Tech help or anyone is there a resolution 

Highlighted

Another small win after much fiddling was a full reset (pushing button underneath power cord) this has got most things up and running again , however this should not have to be done as the unit is not yet 3 months old

Still waiting on any input from TelstraTV people

runaround

Highlighted

Bump this post to the top so all and sundry can read it and make an assessment of the available assistance from TelstraTV , as I am still waiting

waiting

waiting

waiting

oops fell asleep

waiting

waiting

runaround

Highlighted

Will a mod please respond to runaround, even if just for the sanity of those reading here Smiley Wink Smiley Wink

Cheers!

Highlighted

Hey datalore777

Thanks for your assistance in this matter but as you can see the response has been deafening

Just to let you know the tech support can access my home number and ring me (has been done previously) but alas not this time

Regards

runaround

Highlighted

Another 24 hours have passed and the response has been a bit less than none , if the concensus is I will go away , think again , a bit of TelstraTV help is all I ask

runaround

Highlighted

Well the time rolls on without any form of acknowledgement  , boy they all must be busy

As an aside has anyone noticed that the vast majority of threads on this forum are negative very few posotive , boy if this was the case with any company I was involved with that would be remedied very very quickly

Good publicity is hard to come by

Anyway we wait

runaround

Highlighted

These daily updates are getting par for the course Smiley Wink

I'm wondering, have you whimmed one of the Telstra mods? 

Cheers!

Highlighted

Hey Datalore777

How could i have whimmed anyone at Telstra through this forum as their response has been minimal

Anyway still no contact , have not even tweaked a dose of curiousity 

My ongoing comments are not designed to personally attack or upset anyone they are my pathetic attempt to get some form of help in ensuring my little black TelstraTV box does the job

However they are the facts and would make a good ongoing record for any further action concerning TelstraTV if necessary

Your patient fellow contributor

runaround

Highlighted

Click on a Mods name, takes you to their user page. Then click on "Send this user a Private Message".

That is, if your serious about making contact Smiley Wink

EDIT: it appears not all reps are contactable via PM, or I just have not found one that works yet. I guess mods need to jump in after all.

Cheers!

Highlighted

Hey Datalore777

Been there done that have sent either 4 or 5 pms but did not receive any answers not even a return to sender

So we now push into the Long Weekend (double demerit points)

Happy Australia day to you

Maybe a TelstraTV person will get an award for Service to the Community in the Australia Day awards , bwaahaahaa

runaround

p.s. here is the link for the discounted TelstraTV sorry I took so long to get back to you

https://www.telstra.com.au/latest-offers/telstra-tv-deal

Highlighted

No worries about the link, i've seen mention of the promo code elsewhere since then. Just FYI, just an online promo, still full price in store.

Cheers!

Highlighted

Time marches on and the slence is getting louder

runaround

Highlighted

I wonder if Gerd sometimes reads the posts on here , hope so and if he reads mine I might get a response

Anyway the clock continues to tick with still no contact

runaround

oh I must one day explain my user name to all and sundry

Highlighted

Curiousity must be getting to someone about my TelstraTV , is it working or not etc

Anyway this thread is back at the top of the forum

runaround

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi runaround, I've just pinged you a private message. Apologies for the delay in picking up this thread.

Sean
Highlighted

Hey Sean

PM sent and await your reply

runaround

Highlighted

Additional suggestions made as to solving this problem however I am of the opinion that bits at my end will not give me the isolated problems being experienced

runaround

Highlighted

Reading the thread titles it appears that the complaints out number any positive comments

What a shame the concept is a good one just the Telstra support seems to be a concern

runaround

Highlighted

Looks like more unhappy campers with TelstraTV , for those that did not receive any success with pay to watch , Parramatta won the Nines and NZ won the Sevens

This queue of unhappy people seems to be growing

runaround

Highlighted

@runaround wrote:

Looks like more unhappy campers with TelstraTV , for those that did not receive any success with pay to watch , Parramatta won the Nines and NZ won the Sevens

This queue of unhappy people seems to be growing

runaround

runaround, out of interest, what app on the Telstra TV was claimed to be carrying the Auckland Nines? From what I could tell, just the NRL website was carrying the passes to view?

Cheers!

Highlighted

Hi Datalore777

I do not know what pps on the TelstraTV carried the Footy , but being a good crowd support person and contributor I thought I would post the results , as you are aware mine does not work successfully so gets very very limited usage

I suppose eventually it may work as intended but not right now as any form of assistance/advice is not forth coming

Regards

runaround

Highlighted

That's good and all, but you didn't answer my question. If it was supposed to be available through the Telstra TV, then on what app? The NRL page made no mention of the Telstra TV at all.

I'm wondering if the people in the threads mis-posted under the Telstra TV section.

Cheers!

Highlighted

Hey Datalore777

I did not know what app carried the 7s or 9s only read threads on here about it , so not being able to use my TelstraTV successfully I was of the opinion it was on TelstraTV based on those peoples comments

If they were wrong , well thats life

runaround

Thought we would try and watch the Good Wife on Tenplay the other night , wow what a great idea , the show ran sweetly until the first ad then we lost the sound , a bit if fiddling with the buttons got it back.

Then the next ad popped up and same again all the way through the show , how good was that

Now I guess someone will pipe up and blame me or something at my end however truth be known there are faults with TelstraTV and its apps , lucky me I am getting to enjoy and experience nearly all of them at this stage

Bumped into someone looking to purchase a TelstraTV , I gave them the benefit of my experience hoping it would assist them in their decision and it did , they walked away

runaround

Highlighted
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

I will have a chat with Sean to follow up on the communications you had with him via private message. Hopefully we can get this resolved for you.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted

Thanks DanK

This offer of help is most appreciated , Sean or your good self can ring me at home if necessary to rectify the TelstraTV problems

runaround

Highlighted

Have not been contacted as yet

runaround

Highlighted
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Sean is not in the office at the moment but a chap called Zeke in his team is looking into this for you.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted

Tried Tenplay again got the same problem , show starts runs , ad comes on lose sound show restarts no sound push the rewind and pause buttons multiple times sound restarts , next ad we go through the same scenario again.

Ah well it might get better , use the laptop to play same channels no drama , same router except laptop is wifi TelstraTV ethernet

Awaiting advice

runaround

Highlighted

Sean is on the case and it looks like good things are going to happen , woohoo , will be interesting to see the full diagnostics on my TelstraTV and see what names these Gremlins have

I still like this concept but it must do what it is supposed to , not give me or ny other punter grief

Will keep those that have been following my dilemma posted and hopefully it will finish with they lived happily everafter (lol)

runaround

Highlighted

Things are happening Thanks to Sean , watch this space for all the further details be they good or bad

We trust only good will prevail (lol)

runaround

Highlighted

Well a replacement box showed up and so far so good , it seems to perform way better than my old TelstraTV

Overall picture sharper , sound clearer/louder and virtually no drop outs or failure to connect to an app so far

So for the technophibes all I did was instal a new TelstraTV and Ethernet cable no others changes and we are having an improved experience

Will keep those who are on the edge of their seats with regard to my situation updated until i am satisfied it is performing at a satisfactory level continually

runaround

Highlighted

Clocked up another 1.5 hours of viewing with nil problems , starting to become a happy camper

runaround

Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

At last. A possible positive result on this issue. Would hope the many unsatisfied contributors and possible purchasers will gain some reassurance in meeting their expectations of the TELSTRA organisation. I have always found in my many years as a customer that with my persistence they always come up with a highly satisfactory result and maintain my goodwill.
Highlighted

Nice words there helpme3012 , but do not get over excited we are still in the testing/assessing phase and until we enjoy many hours of uninterupted viewing will we be able to say yes it works as intended

As for goodwill Telstra Outbound sales trashed that last year , my TelstraTV episode compounded it and only the intervention of sean has started to move it back in a positive direction

As an aside I was talking to a Telstra Customer service officer yesterday and when I mentioned the situation re Outbound sales the response was a substantial chunk of their work is fixing problems caused by them

Regards

runaround

Highlighted

Starting to get a little excited as the TelstraTV has so far performed reasonably well , I have not experienced most of the problems I had with the old one (woohoo)

A verdict should soon be forthcoming once we find out what the problem was with the old one

So for the diehards who have followed this thread and are still on the edge of their seats hang on for a bit longer and the definitive answer will be posted

runaround

Highlighted

Well watched the TelstraTV last night , Tenplay , and some small problems surfaced , show runs great get to an advert and we lose sound , fiddled with the buttons (pause , f/forward and rewind) get sound again until the next advert , go through the same process get sound and so on till show finishes

It woud be easier skipping adverts on a DVD recorder

Anyway

runaround 

Highlighted

Used Plus7 last night ran well

Still have no answers as to problem with prevous TelstraTV rang Sean and left message

So until we get a few questions resolved I am unable to close this thread

runaround

Highlighted

Wednesday , Thursday , Friday , Saturday , Sunday , still waiting for any form of acknowledgement

Maybe I should link this to the mobile phone outage section that seems to get a bit of Telstra action

runaround

Highlighted

My guess is that since they replaced your Telstra TV with a functional one, that's the end of the story for them. What else can they do? What else do you need to know? It is obvious it had a fault, and has likely been sent back to Roku for testing or recycling.

Cheers!

Highlighted

Hi Datalore777 , an agreement was reached that I would be kept informed as to what the problem was with the FAULTY TelstraTV and until that happens the situation cannot be considered closed or finalised

Also the new one is not performing at 100% so again no response to that

So just because I got a new one does not automatically mean all is rosey in the garden

runaround

p.s. Happy Easter

Highlighted

I hope you have that agreement in writing, lol Smiley Wink

Thanks for the clarification.

Cheers!

Highlighted

Hi Datalore777 , one hopes that an agreement is an agreement and people have the scruples to stick to what they say , however it is a new world and lies and spin now seem to rule

I am old school and honour my word

runaround

Highlighted

Very true. Too many millenials working at Telstra I guess Smiley Wink

Cheers!

Telstra TV

Telstra TV helps you find and discover more of what you love.

Find out more