Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
Highlighted
Level 9: Captain

Re: Telstra TV is it any good

Hey just for a laugh I thought I would retry the TelstraTV but after having it go back to the start 3 times and playing the same advertisement 3 times in a row I worked out nothing has changed

I guess it could be used as a paperweight or a doorstop it certainly does not do properly what it was apparently designed to do , anyway I am open to other ideas as to what usage it can do with any problems , just thought of another a sinker on a fishing line

runaround

"Just someone trying to get my TelstraTV to work like in the advertisements"
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Have you tried removing and adding the Channel 7 app?

- Shelly

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted

To not be branded an Ostrich , I shall delete and reinstall the 7app for the umpteenth time will also do a 10 second restart , system update and see if any soft/firmware updates have improved the situation

runaround

Highlighted

Did as stated in previous post and still not completely happy as it still continues to stop and buffer/loading , this should not occur in my opinion as my download speed is double what TelstraTV claim to be minimum

It has never benn a plug and enjoy thing there is always some glitch that smashes the enjoyment factor

runaround

Highlighted

4 weeks since last post , has anything changed , no way , consider the purchase of a TelstraTV very carefully

runaround

Highlighted

One month later and I am back , see Choice gave the TelstraTV a 58% rating , so does that mean it is only half as good as it should be well based on all the problem comments on this forum that could be optimistic

Anyway mine is 12 months old so I guess we can put a candle on it and celebrate its first birthday I just hope it does not catch fire , bwaahaahaa

Yours in ongoing disappointment

runaround

Highlighted

Almost 2 months have passed and was advised by a Lindy that all our TelstraTV problems will be fixed in a timely manner , just do not hold your breath would be a wise piece of advice

runaround

Highlighted

Hey Lindy , hows that timely manner going with regard to all our problems being resolved

I have been away from the forum for about 5 weeks but see all the new posts are still people not getting a satisfactory service

Whats the go????????

Or how long is timely

runaround

Highlighted

Well another 6 weeks approx have gone by and the "timely"manner that Lindy mentioned is still happening

But the good news for all you fellow sufferers is that I have been made a Level  9 Captain , now if only i could steer this ship on the path of rectification we all would be happy little vegemites

runaround

Highlighted
Level 5: Eagle Eye

I'm not a fan of Telstra TV either. I don't use it very much at all anymore. I've given up on trying to watch movies. It takes my money but won't play the movie. I've been through the whole gammut of what might be causing it and it still does. Don't need the angst so don't bother anymore.

In my opinion, the only useful channels are SBS and ABC when they have anything interesting on. SBS is annoying with all the adds that come on during whatever you're watching though.

Gone back to my DVD's.if there's nothing worth watching on TV.  Might be a bit 'old school' but hey! they work, I enjoy them and there's no adds!!! Smiley Happy

Highlighted

Hi Red25

I was a great beleiver of the concept but it was not handled very well since its inception

Anyway we use it like you on the rare occasion but as for me being a good source of promotion for the product I fall a long way short

runaround

Highlighted

Well 4weeks have passed since my last post and nothing has changed tried to watch Plus7 the other night , boy was that painful , surely someone has the authority to get a fix on its pathetic service

runaround

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi runaround, 

It is just the Plus7 app that is not working on your Telstra TV or are you experiencing issues with all the apps?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Highlighted

Hi Kenobi

This thread has been running for nearly 16 months and have experienced innumerable problems with all apps but Plus7 is the winner by a country mile , please do not tell me to reinstal . delete , cluctch start , bang or any off the other suggestions none worked and still do not work

The problem seems to be that no one at TelstraTV has the intestinal fortitude to ring Plus7 and tell them to fix

I have tried to contact them but just end up with air headed customer service staff who have difficulty in knowing up from down

Nice of you to ask about my problems but a fix is what is needed

As can be seen from a vast number of threads problems do exist and these are not new

Anyway

Runaround

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi @runaround

If the issue seems to be with the Telstra TV then I would recommend speaking to our Telstra TV Technical Support Team on 132200. If the problem is with the app itself though that isn't something we have much say over.

Highlighted
Level 20: Director

Runaround,

With those sorts of generic responses, I'd be giving up if I were you Smiley Wink

Starting to come around tp your line of thinking Smiley Wink

Cheers!

Highlighted

Hi Datalore777

Give up , that is what they want , if I go away problem is solved

They have to man up and fix it , ring Tech support at Telstra , tried that , success zero

Each Customer service team wants to blame the other so you get nowhere

Anyway there is only 2 ways this thread will stop

runaround

Highlighted

@runaround wrote:

Hi Datalore777

Give up , that is what they want , if I go away problem is solved

They have to man up and fix it , ring Tech support at Telstra , tried that , success zero

Each Customer service team wants to blame the other so you get nowhere

Anyway there is only 2 ways this thread will stop

runaround

Let's not go there Smiley Wink

Cheers!

Highlighted

Hi Datalore777

Restitution or resolution , they are the answers

runaround

Highlighted

@runaround wrote:

Hi Datalore777

Restitution or resolution , they are the answers

runaround

Gotcha, thought you may have been going for more drastic measures.

Looks like the latter is unlikely, so for the former, you're going to have to hit them up for it. They are never/ever going to offer (based on Crowdsupport communications at least).

Cheers!

Highlighted

Hi Datalore777

You level 20 Directors are a cunning lot , it is a shame those a lot further up the chain (sic) are not as adept

runaround

Highlighted
Level 5: Eagle Eye

Hi Runaround, still getting the runaround I see.

I have turned my telstra tv off permanately now. I usually have it turned off anyway and only turn it on when I wanted to use it.

In the past, after I had used Telstra TV and  I turned my TV off, after about 30 seconds, the Telstra TV box thingo light turned off and all was quiet in that little black box, but now it doesn't turn off, in fact something weird happens to it after I turn the tv off..the little white light at the front of the box flashes constantly whilst the internet signal at the back goes quite literally bizerk, flashing rapidly as if its struggling for breath. I've checked it for over an hour and it never goes to sleep. Turning it off stops the whole drama.

I don't know what the point of Telstra TV is quite honestly. I can live without it.

Keep up the good work Runaround!!

Highlighted

Hey Red25

Good to hear your experiences , with regard to the turn off I do believe you have to cursor back to the start (top left)  then it will go to sleep pretty quick

I record 99% of what we wnat to watch so the TelstraTV was $100.00 that could be better spent at Supercheap or Repco

Have not looked on eBay to see if there is a 2nd hand market or maybe I could put it in as a pot sweetener for the next sale on eBay (lol)

runaround

Highlighted

they have the ability to ad more apps it is a shame they cannot fix the dodgy one that has always been there ,oh well they are now having staff cuts at Telstra so that will improve the service I guess (lol)

runaround

Telstra TV

Telstra TV helps you find and discover more of what you love.

Find out more