Aussie01
Level 2: Rookie

Telstra TV Linking Error

Answered

Telstra TV brand new Model 4200TL refuses to link. 

Device is hard wired connected and the IP address is correctly setup for the LAN. After the software update and 'screen setup' and then accepting the T&C, the device goes straight to 'Linking'. At no time does the process ask for a user name and password - it goes straight to 'Linking'. After about 10 minutes an error is received: 'Linking Error' - There was a problem connecting to the network (regServerUnreachable:0).

I have disconnected the power supply and hard reset on numerous occasions but this has no effect.

The device is plugged directly into the Telstra modem/router. All other devices on the LAN are connected to the internet and work as usual.

Is this device faulty or is there activation problem at the Telstra end? I have have been trying to connect this device on numerous occasions over the last month.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Aussie01
Accepted Solution

Re: Telstra TV Linking Error

Hi Alistair,

The modem: It's an NBN connection with a Sagemcon F@st5355.

This morning I switched off the nbn connection box and the modem for half an hour as suggested. Upon reconnection, the Telstra TV connected automatically and recognised the user name and configured AOK. The Telstra TV is now working.

Many thanks for your help. It's much appreciated.

Aussie01

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
AlistairQWA
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Aussie01 

Which modem were you connecting the Telstra TV to?

Have you tried leaving the modem off for at least 15 minutes to refresh the network connection and get a new IP address.

- AlistairQWA

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Aussie01
Accepted Solution

Hi Alistair,

The modem: It's an NBN connection with a Sagemcon F@st5355.

This morning I switched off the nbn connection box and the modem for half an hour as suggested. Upon reconnection, the Telstra TV connected automatically and recognised the user name and configured AOK. The Telstra TV is now working.

Many thanks for your help. It's much appreciated.

Aussie01

View solution in original post

Telstra TV

Telstra TV helps you find and discover more of what you love.

Find out more