SueW11
Level 2: Rookie

Telstra TV Lost Connection

Almost every time I turn on the Telstra TV, it's lost connection. This has only occurred in the last few months. Before this I never had a problem. All other devices are running fine on the WiFi and it doesn't drop out when watching only after I have exited.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
SteveW_52
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: Telstra TV Lost Connection

Simpole solution is to use a cable connection instead of Wi-Fi   Smiley Happy

If the Wi-Fi connection is lost when you turn the TTV on, does it reconnect again OK?

This could be due to a Wi-Fi setting in your Smart Modem..

Fixing it requires you to access the modem GUI from a PC at 192.168.0.1 and log in using the default username of 'admin' with the password of 'Telstra'  (this info is on a label on the bottom of the modem).

There are two types of modem - one is Technicolor, the other Arcadyan and the process to access the Wi-Fi settings is slightly different for each and you haven't advise what make/model of modem you have..

The two settings to look for are:

1. Band Steering - turn this setting 'Off'. The result will be two Wi-Fi services - one at 2.4 GHz and the other in the 5 GHz band. The services can be identified by the name. The 5 GHz band has -5G added to the name. The passwords are the same. Save the changes you make before changing pages or exiting the GUI.

2. Protected Mode Frames (PMF). This setting is present in later firmware versions and is present for each Wi-Fi service. If band steering doesn't resolve your connection issue, try turning this setting off for the 2.4 GHz service at least (and save the settings) and then the 5 GHz service (and save the setting). Not all devices play nicely with PMF.

I would suggest you go through the setting changes one at a time and in between, check if your TTV will connect as it should.

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
SueW11
Level 2: Rookie

Thanks for the reply SteveW.

Cable connection is not possible.  It asks to set up the internet connection again, but does remember the user and password once you select and click okay all is good.  it is just annoying.

I will try the above options.

Sue

SteveW_52

Also, check in setting to see if you have auto power saving set, it shouldn't cause this problem but you never know.

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
TubeGeek
Level 1: Cadet

This started happening to us, around the same time our Technicolor modem was replaced with an Arcadyan.  Turning off Band Switching seems to have fixed it, but I now can't remember whether we had it enabled on the Technicolor or not.  It's possible this is a default setting on the Arcadyan and we hadn't noticed the change.

So far we haven't had to disable PMF.  

(NB, I assume the flashing LED on the TTV means it can't make a connection?) 

Telstra TV

Telstra TV helps you find and discover more of what you love.

Find out more