Bambu
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra TV no 5.1 audio output

I have read on forums and on the Netflix website that the Telstra Tv supports 5.1 audio for Netflix but no matter what I try I am unable to get 5.1.  I have connected the Telsta Tv via HDMI to my Yamaha AV Receiver which supports Dolby Digital and DTS but can still only get stereo sound.  I have played with settings on the amp and the Telstra Tv and still no luck.

I have tried everything suggested in forums.  The streaming and video all work fine and I love the simplicity of the Telsra Tv.  I just need 5.1 audio for my home theatre set up.

Is it possible to return the Telstra Tv for a new one?  I just noticed that there is a new Telstra Tv box.  As I am on the $99 plan is it possible to swap my current Telstra Tv unit for a new one?

5.1 works fine when I connect my laptop

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Shellock
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Telstra TV no 5.1 audio output

Can you confirm which version of the Telstra TV you have? Can you also go into the Audio Settings on your Telstra TV and advise what options have been selected?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra TV

Telstra TV helps you find and discover more of what you love.

Find out more