Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra TV not connecting to internet

Hi,

Just got my Telstra TV but I can't get it to connect to the internet via wireless or wired. I managed to get it connected via wireless once by following the advice in the community with these steps:

1. Turn off modem for a few minutes (Telstra gateway max cable).

2. Factory reset the device

This allowed me to upgrade the software but when it rebooted I'm faced with the same problem, no internet connection via wireless or wired. It says it is connected to my home network though, just not the internet. The steps above didn't work this time

Thanks 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Telstra TV not connecting to internet

Hi DaveB70, 

> It says it is connected to my home network though, just not the internet.

When your Telstra TV says it's connected to the home network but not the internet, can you try another WiFi connected device to see if it can access the internet?  It sounds more like the Telstra TV has connected to your modem but the modem isn't connected to the internet.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted

I am having the same issue. Just setting up my Telstra tv and message comes up saying connected to network but not the internet. All other devices iPhones, laptop and Xbox are connected to the internet via wifi. We just had nbn connected this morning. Any advice is appreciated.
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Jools26, 

If you’re connecting to a Wireless network, your Telstra TV may not be receiving a strong signal from your modem. If you’d like more information about maximising Wi-Fi performance within your home, please click here.

I usually find that changing the channel the modem transmits the WiFi signal on can help.  You may have to try a few different channels before finding an optimal one. You can also try connecting your Telstra TV to your network using an Ethernet cable and see how that goes.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Highlighted

Hi my Telstra Tv was working fine a couple of days ago now it won't connect to internet  I am using wireless connection. All my other devices ( iPad, computer, phone ) connect fine and can surf the internet but the Telstra tv will connect to wireless network but not to internet. I have tried turning off both tvbox and modem to reset but still same problem. Help 

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Adamsfamily,

Have you tried running through the WiFi troubleshooting and changing the WiFi channel settings on the modem?

- AlistairQWA

Highlighted

Hi I’m having the same problem the tv box is connected vie Ethernet and my internet is working fine 106mb/s and I can access the internet with any other device but when I check the connection status on the tv box 2 it says not connected to the internet this has been happening since we got the box so Foxtel now buffers a lot can you please help with this please

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Snowfalcon,

I would suggest testing using an alternate Ethernet cable and also trying a different Ethernet port on the router.

If you try connecting wirelessly, does the Telstra TV 2 connect ok?

- AlistairQWA

Highlighted

There is no screen information on my tv after connecting the telstra tv as instructed.              My tv uses a hdmi cable to connect to an onkyo av receiver and blue ray

dvd player.

What is the next step ??

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

@than30 - How many HDMI ports does your TV have? Is the Telstra TV connected directly to one of those ports? Did you then change the source option to match that HDMI port number rather than the one that your onkyo receiver and blue ray player uses?

Telstra TV

Telstra TV helps you find and discover more of what you love.

Find out more