GraWar
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra TV not moving beyond wireless connect screen

Answered

Telstra TV is not moving past successful 'wireless connection' screen. It appears it's not recognising my television. Why????

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SteveW_52
Level 22: Superhuman
Accepted Solution

Re: Telstra TV not moving beyond wireless connect screen

If you are able to, connect the TTV to the modem by a cable instead of wi-fi and try to do the setup again..  once the TTV is registered you can change the connection over to Wi-Fi if that is what you want to do.

The cable connection removes the vagaries of the Wi-Fi connection during set-up..

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Ozmoz

@GraWar wrote:

Telstra TV is not moving past successful 'wireless connection' screen. It appears it's not recognising my television. Why????

Hi @GraWar 

I doubt it's got to do with the TV.

Sounds more like a WiFi issue with the Telstra modem and the TTV.

There is something you can try turning off in the modem settings but my mind has gone blank atm, so I'll ping one of our modem guru's for advice @cf4 

Someone keeps putting vegetables in my beer crisper :-(

Footnote: I don't work for Telstra, I just try to help out fellow Telstra customers.
cf4
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

You could try disabling band steering in the modem? To disable band steering open a web browser and go to http://192.168.0.1, password is Telstra. Go to the 2.4 GHz WiFi settings remove tick next to band steering and save settings. This will add -5G to the name of the modem's 5 GHz WiFi. The 2.4 GHz WiFi name remains the same.

SteveW_52
Accepted Solution

If you are able to, connect the TTV to the modem by a cable instead of wi-fi and try to do the setup again..  once the TTV is registered you can change the connection over to Wi-Fi if that is what you want to do.

The cable connection removes the vagaries of the Wi-Fi connection during set-up..

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..

View solution in original post

GraWar
Level 1: Cadet

Thank you SteveW_52. That was the solution, it worked. Thank you so much.

SteveW_52

Glad it helped..  not sure why the problem occurs but probably because the TTV is trying to establish the wifi connection and do the device registration at the same time and get mixed up with device notifications and status..  

Stevo 52

Telstra TV

Telstra TV helps you find and discover more of what you love.

Find out more