cjm16
Level 2: Rookie

Telstra tv not showing channel details after factory reset

I had to do a factory reset to try to get Telstra tv to operate power and volume on the tv. (Still not working!)

Telstra tv is not showing any channel details after factory reset

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
10 REPLIES 10
Renee
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Telstra tv not showing channel details after factory reset

Hey cjm16,

It might be worth checking out these troubleshooting steps. Let me know how you go.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Renee
Support Team
Support Team

Hey cjm16,

Any luck there?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

cjm16

The channels names issue has resolved itself. Still not able to operate power or volume through the TV remote. 

TommyR
Support Team
Support Team

Hi cjm16. 

Do you have the Telstra TV app on your phone? This is a free download form the Google Play or iTunes App store https://tel.st/ccxpy, this has a digital remote that you can use. Can you try this and see if the volume and power button on the app still has the same issues? It may be that the physical remote is faulty, this is a good way to test that theory. 

- Tom

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

TommyR
Support Team
Support Team

Hi cjm16. 

Just checking in to see if you need a further hand?

- Tom

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

cjm16

Good morning Tom, Thanks for your reply. I just downloaded the app onto my iPhone 12. I can operate all buttons as I can currently on the remote. Still no volume control (I assume I am supposed to use the phone volume buttons) and I cannot see a power on/off option on the app. 

OllieW
Support Team
Support Team

Cheers cjm, might be worth organising a replacement remote in that case, you can place an order for one here: https://tel.st/m5f9d

cjm16

Hi Ollie

Thank you for your reply. The TTV is not yet 12 months old and is still under warranty. I had the remote replaced around 4 (?) months ago, when the power and mute buttons  somehow reversed their roles. I believe it may be a software issue within the TTV itself. When I did a factory reset of the remote last week, my Eko TV was not visible on the brand list. Very strange, as when I received the replacement remote, it all set up and worked perfectly. 

OllieW
Support Team
Support Team

Ah ok, might be best to take the unit in for an inspection. Do you have a Telstra store close by?

Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

I was trying to see who manufactures the Eko TVs, but no luck, so can't suggest which other manufacturer settings to check out.

I did however check out a lot of customer (and a few professional) reviews of the Eko TVs and by far the biggest complaint is the Remote Control failing to work and that the only way to get it to start again is a factory reset of the TV. So your Telstra TV remote control issue may be related to the overall quality of the TV's system (or lack thereof - it has a pitiful rating on any of the review sites).

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Telstra TV

Telstra TV helps you find and discover more of what you love.

Find out more