Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra tv not working on 1080p

Hi just got a new Telstra tv and when setting up it detects the tv can see 1080p but when I select it the screen flashes till I change it back to 720. I have tried running it though a amp and straight to a tv and changed out the hdmi lead. Any ideas?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Level 21: Augmented

Re: Telstra tv not working on 1080p

Perhaps try a reset, which might download a firmware update..

In the device menu, go to settings

Scroll down to System

Go to Power

Select System restart

Give it time to check and update and then check it out.

Does your TTV connect to the internet using Wi-Fi or cable to your Router/Modem. If it isn't using a cable, then try that first up because it is more certain to work, switch to Wi-Fi later if you have to (this step using the cable, solved the setup issues of another poster in the last couple of days, so worth a try)..

Did the TTV come with an HDMI cable and is that the one you are using?

Have you tried another input on the TV or another device into the same input?

Does your TV support HDMI CEC? on that input you are using? Not sure if it matters, but it allows the device to control the TV (simple explanation)..

Keep your setup simple, until the TTV is working right, then change the configuration

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
Highlighted

I have tried the reset. I am running a cable to the router as well. Yeah the hdmi does control the tv as well. I’m thinking it could be the output of the Telstra tv. Only just got it. Never worked properly. 

Highlighted
Level 21: Augmented

OK..  not much else you can do, I feel..  but run it in 720 for a while and see how it goes it might magically start working but it seems like 1080p is unstable..  it is Saturday after all.. 

and you can use the My Telstra App, Get Help, Chat window to discuss the replacement with Telstra - type in Speak to a Consultant then wait for the message to come back (might take a couple of hours or more)- don't log out of the app, make sure notifications are on,  but you can close it. If you have any reference numbers for the TTV 3 that will save you some time when chatting with consultants..

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
Highlighted

Thanks mate. Will give them a msg. Thanks for trying

Highlighted
Level 22: Superhuman
Level 22: Superhuman

@Adam56chev wrote:

Thanks mate. Will give them a msg. Thanks for trying

Hi @Adam56chev 

Are you able to test the TTV on a different TV?

Someone keeps putting vegetables in my beer crisper

Telstra TV

Telstra TV helps you find and discover more of what you love.

Find out more