Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Telstra TV receiving rrror RE647

On my Telstra TV (1st genearation), watching Foxtel Live TV, the service stops after 5-10 seconds with following error

“ROKU Player Internal Error

Error:RE647

An unexpected problem (but not server timeout or HTTP error) has been detected. “

Is this a bug from latest update? I do not get error when I watch programs on demand. Just on Live TV, which is needed to watch [V] Muisc channe

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: Telstra TV receiving rrror RE647

Hey @ardowling,

I'm seeing this myself a bit on the Foxtel News channel.  I have to go to a different channel, and then back.

I think it also happens if I have, for instance, selected another channel on Foxtel, then leave or exit Foxtel. When I go back to Foxtel, and browse to "Live" channel, I get that error.  I then select another channel, and go back to the one I had as my "default".

Is that what you are seeing, and if you select another channel and then return to "V" does it work OK?

If so, must be a bug somewhere Smiley Frustrated

If I've helped in some way, a Kudos would be appreciated.
Any opinions I express or advice I give are purely my own, and don't represent Telstra.

Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

I think I have fixed it - delete the App and then reinstall ... worked fine for an hour last night 

So at this stage, I think it is SOLVED! 

Highlighted
Level 22: Superhuman

@ardowling  Cool.

I'll try that this morning.

Edit:  didn't work for me Smiley Frustrated 

If I've helped in some way, a Kudos would be appreciated.
Any opinions I express or advice I give are purely my own, and don't represent Telstra.

Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

It appears to be a glitch on the Foxtel end. It loses connectivity to the stream and then throws the error.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted
Level 5: Eagle Eye

For anyone experiencing this problem, could you please supply the following information for us to investigate further:

1. The version of the <App Name> on the devices where the issue occurred. You can find this by going to the 'My Apps' section on the left hand menu, and use the * key on your remote when you have the app selected. 
  2. The Firmware version number, Device ID and Serial Number on the devices where the issue occurred. This is all contained within Settings > System > About.
  3. The time stamp or time range of when the issue occurred.
  4. Name of content that is being streamed.

Telstra TV

Telstra TV helps you find and discover more of what you love.

Find out more