lygs11
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra TV remote control problem

I have found that telstra tv does not allow use of any other tv input unless you pull power cord out - it cannot be turned off any other way. For example i have apple tv and it cannot be used whilst telstra tv is connected

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Telstra TV remote control problem

I don't see why you couldn't use your Apple TV while your Telstra TV is plugged in. You should just have to select the Input source on your TV to switch over. Works perfectly well on my system.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
lygs11

that's the whole problem - I cannot access any input source at all whilst telstra tv is connected - firstly you cannot turn it off and secondly to access another input I have to pull power source out of the telstra tv. Sounds crazy but it is what it is at the moment. There must be something in the telstra tv settings that i could change to stop this but at moment i have no clue
lygs11

No that is the whole problem - whilst telstra tv is connected i cannot access any other input. I have to deposed it and then ok - must be something settings i can alter but at moment i hav no clue
Jupiter

Try going in to the settings on your TV and turning off HDMI-CEC. This should fix the problem.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Telstra TV

Telstra TV helps you find and discover more of what you love.

Find out more