WestTigers
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra TV Remote - direction arrows and OK buttons not working

I have used all the trouble-shooting guides for the following problem without success.

All the black function keys on my Telstra TV remote work but not the grey coloured ones - ie. the four direction arrows (up, down, left, right) and the "OK" in the centre.

Perhaps I require a new remote?

Thanks for any assistance.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Telstra TV Remote - direction arrows and OK buttons not working

Try factory resetting the Telstra TV, that may clear the problem. If you download the Telstra TV to your mobile and connect your phone to the same wifi network as the Telstra TV, then you can use that as a remote as well (at least while you try to solve the problem).

If the factory reset doesn't work then you may need a new remote.

Send a message by either:

• the My Telstra app on your mobile
  • logging into your account via the telstra.com.au website

and then go to the Get Help tab and click on the blue icon at the bottom of the screen (labelled Message Us on the website, icon only on app) and type "Telstra TV support". If the bot doesn't understand the query, type "Speak to a consultant" and you should be transferred to the queue to chat with a human. It can take a few hours to get an initial response. If you use the app, you will get a notification on your mobile when someone responds.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Telstra TV

Telstra TV helps you find and discover more of what you love.

Find out more