Choice
Level 2: Rookie

Telstra TV remote options

Remote that came with unit has been used for many things other than changing channels thanks to the 3yr old and doesn't work. Have the app on my phone which works fine until I need to leave the house with my phone leaving the rest of the family unable to watch what they want.

Is there another way to connect to the box via another method to change channels etc??? Via network connection through PC??? Anything …..???

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
cf4
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Telstra TV remote options

You can't control Telstra TV via a PC. If you have an iPod touch, iPad or android Tablet you could install the Telstra TV on one of those devices.

Choice

Well Ladies and Gentlemen, I have done the impossible and have taken control of my Telstra TV 2 by using my computer. I don't know why this didn't come to me sooner....

cf4

I can't realy tell from image but I assume you have installed the roku remote for PCs.

Ozmoz
Level 22: Superhuman
Level 22: Superhuman

@Choice Just buy a new remote.. family happy. Plus, the new enhanced remote you can control your TV's Volume/Mute/Off-On.

Outright $25 (Inc Shipping)

Telstra Rewards 7,000 points

Someone keeps putting vegetables in my beer crisper :-(

Footnote: I don't work for Telstra, I just try to help out fellow Telstra customers.
Choice

An Android emulator with Telstra TV app from Google Play. Had to find an emulator which didn't generate a wifi address so the "remote" could pair/connect to the unit. Bit under 2 hours of fiddling but outcome was successful 

Choice

Thanks for the info. I'm currently supporting 4 on half my usual wage so I have been trying to avoid spending money where I don't need to. But I'll keep that in mind for when the financials are back to the norm. 

Cheers

cf4

I did think of using an android emulator but a far simpler solution is the roku remote which which can also be used to control Telstra TV.

http://devtools.web.roku.com/RokuRemote/

Telstra TV

Telstra TV helps you find and discover more of what you love.

Find out more