Sam255
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra TV Remote

Hey, I'm having trouble with my Telstra TV remote. I was rewinding live tv when my TV turned off and the remote just suddenly stopped working. I took the battery cover off and there's a light and a button. The light is flashing yellow. I've tried pressing that little button and holding it in. I've unplugged the Telstra tv box. Changed batteries. And I'm stumped.

Does anyone know or have an idea on what to do?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
SteveW_52
Level 22: Superhuman
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: Telstra TV Remote

Which model IQ/remote?

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
TommyR
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Sam225. 

You can download the Telstra TV app from your app store (iTunes, Google Play etc) as this has a digital remote you can use on your phone.. It's a free app download. Just go to your app store and search "Telstra TV", it will be the first app you see. You can then pair this with your Telstra TV to use the remote function. 

Might be worth resetting your Telstra TV unit. .I would recommend trying a factory reset https://tel.st/9y8ds. (this will remove all your settings/apps)

If that doesn't work you may need a replacement. The cost of the replacement remote is $25. 

You can also get this arranged by contacting our team via the My Telstra App https://tel.st/ks55m. Once you are in the app, tap on the "Get Help" menu icon and then you will see a blue speech bubble on the bottom right of the app. Click on this and you will be able chat with our team, type "Telstra TV Fault" and a team member will get this sent out to you. 

- Tom

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

TommyR
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Sam255. Just checking into see if you need a further hand? - Tom

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra TV

Telstra TV helps you find and discover more of what you love.

Find out more