Level 2: Rookie

Telstra TV setup

I was trying to setup the Telstra TV so went to put in the wireless settings. I cannot get out of the screen. The status says connected to the wireless Telstra network but none of the buttons allows me to get out of the screen.

Is the program:

1. something I am doing

2. the remote doesn't work

3. bad coding, known issue

4. other?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Telstra TV setup

Did you press the Home button on the remote? It should take you straight back to the main screen. The batteries in the remote may have dislodged, give them a quick rotate and try again.

If that doesn't work, disconnect the power, wait for the light on the front to go off and then plug it back in.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Level 2: Rookie

Thanks for the tips. I pressed every button. Not response when I tried pressing home button. The arrow keys just let me switch between wireless for fixed ethernet cable.

Tried disconnecting the power the Telstra TV, booted up back to the network setup menu. Not sure if I waited for the light to go off. I think I have a bad remote.

Did you press the OK button to select either the Wireless or Fixed options?

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Level 1: Cadet

I am having the same issue.  Have connected to Wireless but cannot move past this screen and yes I have tried all the suggested steps including trying the OK button.

Try connecting using an Ethernet cable and set up the wireless while the cable is connected. 

Support Team
Support Team

Hey Romz76, how did you go connecting using an Ethernet cable as suggested?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Level 6: Bloodhound

I had the exact same problem. I followed the advice from another thread. From the "frozen" wifi setup page, I set up another wireless connection using my phone as a hotspot and once connected, the setup process continued. Just remember to change your wireless connection back to your home internet connection after setup and activation is finished.

Hope that this helps everyone having the same problem (which appears to be very common).

Telstra TV

Telstra TV helps you find and discover more of what you love.

Find out more