Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra TV - streaming from iPad

I've just received my Telstra TV today and I'm wanting to find out if there is a way to stream video footage from my iPad to the Telstra TV. I've been doing this via AirPlay with my Apple TV so just wondering if there is a way to also do it with the Telstra TV?

Thanks!

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Telstra TV - streaming from iPad

Hi JessS,

It isn't possible to stream video footage to your TV from your iPad. This is not supported with the app and should not have worked with your Apple TV. I will pass this on to our team so we can investigate why it was working with your Apple TV and get it fixed.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted

Sorry, what do you mean "it should not have worked with your Apple TV"? Why wouldn't it work? I'm pretty sure streaming from an Apple iPad to an Apple TV is exactly what Apple had in mind when they created the AirPlay option. Not exactly sure what your team is going to do about it but I'm more than happy with the advanced options available with my Apple products thanks and I do not require you to "get it fixed" I was simply wanting to know if the Telstra TV had the same options available considering it states in the user manual "some apps allow you to cast video from your mobile devices* to your Telstra TV".
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Under our licence agreement, you are only able to watch live matches on the screen of your device. The option to use Air Play should be disabled and not work when using the AFL Live app. This is covered in the Terms and Conditions and the FAQs. Since it is incorrectly working for you, we do need to fix it.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Highlighted

I'm sorry either I have posted this question in the wrong section or I have confused you but I'm not using the AFL app. I'm streaming my own personal videos from my Apple iPad to my Apple TV which clearly would have nothing to do with Telstra. I simply wanted to know if I could stream these same home videos to the Telstra TV.
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Ah, thanks for clarifying that. I was getting confused because you have posted in the AFL Live board, which is specific to the AFL Live app. That is why I was saying it shouldn't be working with your Apple TV, because the AFL Live app has that option blocked.

You will be able to stream video from some apps to the Telstra TV, but it may not be available from all apps

Highlighted
Level 20: Director

Just to follow-on, if an app has Miracast capabilities, then you can stream to the Telstra TV. I don't know of any though.

AppleTV is a better choice for iOS devices.

Cheers!

Highlighted

But why can’t Telsra TV stream from an iPhone or smartphone of any kind ??? If Apple TV can do it, why can’t Telstra TV ???
Highlighted
Level 20: Director

@naopalme wrote:
But why can’t Telsra TV stream from an iPhone or smartphone of any kind ??? If Apple TV can do it, why can’t Telstra TV ???

Apple would have to allow it. Why would Apple give that sort of access to a competing device?

Cheers!

Telstra TV

Telstra TV helps you find and discover more of what you love.

Find out more