Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

telstra tv volume settings

Pardon if this is a repeat. I think the previous question went off without the email notification ticked. I am unable to redcuce the volume on telstra TV via the settings audio menu. Changing options; high, medium, low, auto does not seem to have any effect. Any suggestions?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Level 20: Director

Re: telstra tv volume settings

Adjust the volume on your TV, not the Telstra TV.

Cheers!

Highlighted

We have the TV on max and it is very soft...

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Hi RobertSmart, does adjusting the TV volume itself make any difference? I know with some of my devices both settings will affect the volume. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted

There is a volume setting on telstra tv? YouTube is loud everything else is quiet
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Hi @VEGEMITE98,

Thanks for confirming that you have done the first few steps of the troubleshooting for no sound on the Telstra TV which I am listing below.

1. Check the HDMI Cables and connections
2. Restart the Telstra TV by removing the power cable from approximately 10 seconds before reconnecting.
3. Check the volume settings on the TV
4. Is there an issue with the sound on all apps/shows? If yes, try setting the audio output on your TV to Stereo only.
5. Try using the Telstra TV connected to a different TV

If you still do not have any sound from your Telstra TV, please contact Telstra TV Tech Support on 1800 087 688 to organise a replacement if you are within warranty or return it to the place of purchase. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

It would be nice if we could control the volume with the Telstra TV remote or App. Any chance of getting it added to next feature/software update?
Highlighted
Level 3: Gumshoe

@Memster wrote:
It would be nice if we could control the volume with the Telstra TV remote or App. Any chance of getting it added to next feature/software update?

Ditto....

Would be great to have volume on the remote because when using the Telstra TV2, you need 2 remotes. One for channel hopping and one for sound.

Highlighted

Yes I agree. It was a really really dumb idea not to include volume and mute buttons. The mute button is the most used button of all. We have to use the two remotes now to control the TV. Even the app does not seem to have volume or mute.

While I'm on the subject, where is the power on/off button ??? Whilst the device does not use a great deal of energy, leaving it on all the time is a waste of energy and increases the fire risk.

Highlighted
Level 22: Superhuman
Level 22: Superhuman

nm

Someone keeps putting vegetables in my beer crisper
Highlighted

I agree... Pretty annoying needing two remotes... Need mute and volume control...

Telstra TV

Telstra TV helps you find and discover more of what you love.

Find out more