sez5383
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra tv wont connect to iphone hotspot

Hey all , 

I have brought a second Telstra TV box I have one of the original one.  But I am unable to connect it to my IPhone hotspot. The older TV box connect perfect .  Any ideas?? 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
8 REPLIES 8
OllieW
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Telstra tv wont connect to iphone hotspot

Seems odd sez, what shows up in the Wi-Fi settings on the TV?

- Ollie

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

sez5383

Olliew

Thank  you for your reply sorry for delays getting bcak to you .   I am able to see my hot spot connection name, I can then put my password in and it attempts to connect but i do not get the two ticks and error message comes up. I have attempted to use partners hot spot and get the same.  I can use a random person wifi connection but i only get one tick and no internet.

I have restarted the box, my phone, used a different connection no luck i just done understand how the older box works everytime but hte new one doesnt.

any tips would be great to get it to work  

LauraBee
Support Team
Support Team

There could be a number of reasons for the connection issues, though generally the iPhone hotspots work quite well (as you noticed with the older TV). 

As general troubleshooting goes, you've ticked the common boxes. There should be a small "reset" button on the bottom of the device, if you've tried the general turn off and on, it might be worth giving a reset a go.

You mentioned you're able to attempt to connect, does your iPhone show the connection at all?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

sez5383

LauraBee,

Thank you for the reply.  Have already used the rest button a few times nil help.

I can see my Hotspot on the Telstra TV and I connect and put password in and it attempts to connect.   A few times it will connect for a sec or two ( I get the blue logo on the I phone ) then it disappears and I can not connect from there.  I can then walk into the other room with the older Telstra TV box and it will connect to that one straight away every time.  I even thought maybe having two TV boxes might be causing problems so I disconnected the older one but that didn't help. 

Thank you

Dowser
Level 21: Augmented

What is your current APN setting on the iPhone?.

- Look under Settings > Mobile > Mobile Data Network

Try changing it to telstra.iph then restart the phone.

SteveW_52
Level 22: Superhuman

Check the type of security required by the new TTV(3?) and what is enabled on the iPhone.. 

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
Dowser

Supplementary to my previous suggestion, hook the unit up temporarily to the internet via the Ethernet port (to a modem) or possibly an iPhone hotspot via a USB cable, and then perform a factory reset and then be sure that you have the latest firmware update.

SteveW_52

@Dowser that is a good suggestion, and not sure why I missed that little detail (probably thrown by the iPhone word!)!

@sez5383 I have found a lot of the time TTV3's just refuse to connect and register initially when setting up over Wi-Fi and in every case I have seen, using a cable connection to the modem allows it to register straight away.  Not sure if iPhones or the TTV allow hot spotting via USB. 

But if the poster has an internet service, with a modem, they can setup the TTV3 that way and once it is done, should be able to connect vis the iPhone hotspot wi-fi.

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!

Telstra TV

Telstra TV helps you find and discover more of what you love.

Find out more