screwedbytelstr
Level 2: Rookie

Telstra TV zooming in unwatchable

Telstra TV constantly zooming maling programmes unwatchable.  In typical telstra fashion no help at all for a service that i pay for.  But what do u expect.  You can't ring because they don't like dealing with angry customers, but they make customers angry.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
10 REPLIES 10
Emily99
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Telstra TV zooming in unwatchable

Hey there @screwedbytelstr

Have you done any troubleshooting on the Telstra TV there?

You can connect with our online support team here

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Switch both the TV and the TTV off automatic for screen resolution and set them manually to match (either 1080p or 4K).

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
screwedbytelstr

Funny that.  I have gone through all the trouble shooting that has been provided by the online support, a number of times I am now at the point of absolute anger as there is no help and Tesltra are giving me the run around.  I even rang 132200 the other day and spoke to a person who said it is no my department and they gave me a number to call.  Guess what it was 132200 the number i had just rang. Great service providers Telstra is,NOT .

screwedbytelstr

Jupiter I have done this and other trouble shooting nothing works.

RyanH
Support Team
Support Team

Hmm, which department did they say they were from? And did they advise what department you needed to speak with or what they could not complete to resolve? - Ryan

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

RyanH
Support Team
Support Team

Just checking in, did you still need a hand with this one? - Ryan

screwedbytelstr

Yes Ryan I do still need help with this one.  It does not matter what I do with any trouble shooting the when I go to watch something using the apps on the Telstra TV it zooms in so it is unwatchable.  If you could imagine your screen split into 4 equal quarters the TTV zooms in so that you can only view what would be the top right quarter. 

As for your other question I was told that I believe that I was told to that I need to speak with the section that deals with Platinum package.  I say believe because I could hardly understand the person on the phone as his accent was very strong and I hard to ask him to repeat himself all the time.

RyanH
Support Team
Support Team

No worries, which department did they advise they were when you spoke with them? And where were they sending you? - Ryan

screwedbytelstr

To be honest Ryan I don't recall I just answered to prompts on the automated system and then final spoke with a person that did not speak very good English and I could not understand him very well.

RyanH
Support Team
Support Team

I understand. If you are with Telstra Platinum support that would be where they were directing you. Platinum Support can be reached direct on 13 75 87 to avoid getting stuck navigating the menus. Let me know how you go when you speak with them.

- Ryan

Telstra TV

Telstra TV helps you find and discover more of what you love.

Find out more