Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Telstra TV

Answered

Hi,

Telstra TV not displaying through DENON AVR 2113

AVR has dedicated "Media Player"& "Games" HDMI support, yet no display by telstra tv when either is used.

Is there a configuration reqhirement for telstra TV to be utilised in home cinema setup.

Unit was purched primarilay for BigPond Movies through home cinema unit.

Please advise

Ted

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: Telstra TV

You might need to check that HDMI Pass through and HDCP are enabled for the port that you have connected the Telstra TV to.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Hi Jupiter,

Thanks very much for the reminder to check HDMI assignment..the media port in use had defaulted back to "none" once updated with a HDMI source number everything is working well.

Its alwayds the simple things.

Thankks again

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Level 23: Superhero

Hi Ted, in the first instance the Telstra TV device  should be connected directly to your TV.

See full details here: https://www.telstra.com.au/support/category/entertainment/telstra-tv/set-up-my-telstra-tv

Signature.gif

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

NB: I am NOT a Telstra employee, just another customer like you.
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

You might need to check that HDMI Pass through and HDCP are enabled for the port that you have connected the Telstra TV to.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Highlighted

Hi Deanja,

Yes, I have done this and successsfully activated and updated the Telstra TV.

However, when attached to mr AV receiver (DENON 2113) I do not get any information on the TV.

Rgds

Ted

Highlighted
Level 23: Superhero

Yes, the problem is a combination of the Denon and the Telstra TV device. Whilst it's basically a Roku, which are compatible, it's setup for Telstra and configured as a different device which can't be used through third party units like a PVR etc. or in your case the Denon theatre unit.

They do this and make it so they have to be directly conected because of copyright issues. Same as with the T-Box it had to be direct connected, couldn't go through another device first.

Hope that makes sense to you. I know it doesnt help solve the problem, but that's what the problem is.

The denon has ARC/HDMI, plug it into the TV and feed the audio component back to the Denon and your theatre speakers. Same as we do with our Chrome cast right here.

Signature.gif

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

NB: I am NOT a Telstra employee, just another customer like you.
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Hi Jupiter,

Thanks very much for the reminder to check HDMI assignment..the media port in use had defaulted back to "none" once updated with a HDMI source number everything is working well.

Its alwayds the simple things.

Thankks again

Highlighted

Hi Deanja ,

Thanks for your assistance.
Turned out the HDMI slot was unassigned.
Much appreciated.

Telstra TV

Telstra TV helps you find and discover more of what you love.

Find out more