CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra TV

Answered

My TV turns back on, to theTelstra TV svreensaver, after I turn off the TV when watching free to air. Downrigh annoying.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: Telstra TV

Try pressing the Home button on the Telstra TV remote before turning off the TV.

My Home Theatre has a similar issue due to the Telstra TV still sending a transmit signal if not set back to the Home screen (the Home Screen doesn't cause the issue to occur).

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Try pressing the Home button on the Telstra TV remote before turning off the TV.

My Home Theatre has a similar issue due to the Telstra TV still sending a transmit signal if not set back to the Home screen (the Home Screen doesn't cause the issue to occur).

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

No sorry Jupiter, this does not work at all. In fact, today Mr Roku decided to update himself. Now Mr Roku is the proud owner of my TV. Mr Roku has decided that the default setting when I turn on the tele, is to have the source on HDMI as default. I think it is time to rip out the lot and litter the local Telstra shop with their rubbish.

Highlighted

What model TV do you have? There may be a setting that allows you to turn off the automatic selection of an input based on a signal being present.

Highlighted

I had the same problem with tv turning back on. It started after the latest update. I find pressing the HOME button on the Telstra TV remote does the trick 

Telstra TV

Telstra TV helps you find and discover more of what you love.

Find out more