Highlighted
Level 4: Private Eye

Telstra TV

Watching an episode on SBS (such as Cardinal) ends with a black screen on my Telstra TV1 and does not allow me to select the next episode in the series. I have never had this problem before.

Watching Greyzone produced the same problem. I am not talking about the last episode, I have only progressed to episode 3!!

I have to go back to the home screen and go through the procedures on finding the next episode.

A real pain!

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Telstra TV

That is a glitch in the SBS app. You need to go to the SBS website to report the fault.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted

Thank you.

I'll try re-installing the App first and if that doesn't work I will report the problem.

Regards,

Ron.

Highlighted

Hi Jupiter,
Removing/re-installing the App didn't fix it.
I'll have to contact SBS.
Thanks again, regards,
Ron
Highlighted

Mainly for anyone else who is reading these posts, the reason why I recommend calling SBS in this case is two fold.

1. SBS are ultimately responsible for the functionality of the app and their developers have the contacts if anything needs to be looked at or changed within the Telstra environment.
  2. It could also be something as simple as a coding error within the SBS server environment that is not sending the appropriate end code at the end of the program to get the app to behave correctly.

It is also ultimately in SBS's interests to have their app working, so they will (and do) follow through with any faults that are reported to them. It may take them a little while to resolve them, but I have found that they are quite proactive compared to some of the networks.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted

Hi Jupiter,

I have contacted SBS ondemand.

They replied by sending me 2 links,

htts://www.sbs.com.au/ondemand/faqs

and

https://www.sbs.com.au/ondemand/faqs/article/6407

Neither answers or solves the problem I have.

They have said that I will be contacted, so Ill wait and see.

By the way, I have another TTV1 and both present the same problems.

Regards and thanks,

Ron

Highlighted

Sorry, the first link misses the "p" in https but I guess you would have noticed it!
Regards,
Ron
Highlighted

They send them by default. If they are true to form, you should probably get a followup from them early next week.
Highlighted

Hi Jupiter,

I have just received a reply from Beth at SBSondemand:

"Unfortunately, this is a known tech issue which is currently affecting some of our Telstra TV users. We are working on a fix for this glitch. In the meantime, we've found that pressing the "back" button twice on your remote should return you to the previous screen without having to return out of the app completely.

Hope this helps in the meantime, whilst we continue work on the update for this fix"

That was nice of her, at least we now know what is going on.

I thanked her for her reply.

I also thank you for steering me towards a solution.

Regards,

Ron.

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi there, thank you for posting that information here, that will be handy for any other customers in the same boat as you.

Take care and keep us in the loop regarding any future updates.

- Will

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted

Hi Will,

I'll let everyone know when it's fixed.

Regards,

Ron.

Highlighted

Hi Will,

Looks like SBS has fixed the problem as we watched Salamander last night and could select the next episode without any hassles.

Regards,

Ron.

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Thanks for the update Ron and glad to hear that this is has worked and the next episode was able to be selected Smiley Happy

Happy viewing and please do come back if you have any further questions with your services? 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra TV

Telstra TV helps you find and discover more of what you love.

Find out more