Level 3: Gumshoe

Telstra tv

Every time I try to use Telstra TV lately it advises me I dont have an internet connection even though I do so then I have to reboot it every time in order to use it which is a real pain in the arse! I have performed a factory reset hoping that might rectify the issue but that hasn't resolved the issue either!

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Level 21: Augmented

Re: Telstra tv

Is that Gen1 of Telstra TV? While mine was stable since November 2016, it is lately (2-3 weeks) having it's hiccups similar to yours...
DISCLAIMER: I do not work for Telstra or any other ISP. I never did. I have wealth of practical knowledge in Computer Security and Forensic Computing. I have been in the field since 1985.

Likes (formerly Kudos) and solutions are appreciated!!!
The comments expressed by me reflect my user experience and personal opinion.

Hi, yes it's a gen 1. Did you manage to find a fix?

No, not yet. It is intermittent so hard to troubleshoot...
DISCLAIMER: I do not work for Telstra or any other ISP. I never did. I have wealth of practical knowledge in Computer Security and Forensic Computing. I have been in the field since 1985.

Well I just finished speaking to a Telstra TV Tech and we performed many tests that didn't fix the issue s I was facing, however he did tell me that the new Telstra Smart Modems have some issues allowing the Gen1 boxes to recognise their WiFi signal. He went on to say that they were aware of the issue and that once they found the confliction they could rectify our issue on-line and that this rectification should be done within the next few days.

Yes, Gen2 modems have issues with 2.4GHz WiFi. However, I have had Gen2 modem for 6 months now and while having the WiFi issue with one of the older laptops (fixed, buy disabling built in WiFi and buying new USB based) Telstra TV Gen1 was working flawlessly until about 10-14 days... So I am not sure if that is the same issue...

Telstra TV

Telstra TV helps you find and discover more of what you love.

Find out more