Ba23
Level 1: Cadet

TELSTRA TV3 ACTIVATE

So I have the new Telstra tv3 box 📦 and I can’t seem to get passed the activation stage my wifi is strong I’m using the TV App and have pair my phone to the app once I go to activate stage a 8 letter code comes up on my tv screen I then put code onto my activate stage in my phone but nothing happening from there very frustrating any ideas would help I’ve contacted Telstra and they just keep say reboot the tv3 box which I have many times 😖😖

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Jimmy-Lo
Support Team
Support Team

Re: TELSTRA TV3 ACTIVATE

Hi @Ba23

Some others have had the same issues with the app. Activation via Internet Explorer on PC was the successful option. Check out the convo here: https://tel.st/kcvqu

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

SteveW_52
Level 22: Superhuman
Level 22: Superhuman

If you are able to, try connecting the TTV3 by ethernet cable instead of Wi-Fi, so you can activate it. You can switch back to Wi-Fi later if you want..

Others (including myself) have found using a cable gets it all set up fine - some issue with the setup over Ei-Fi seems to screw up registration..

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
Jimmy-Lo
Support Team
Support Team

Thanks @SteveW_52 !

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra TV

Telstra TV helps you find and discover more of what you love.

Find out more