Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Telstra TV3 crashes while on “live tv”

Have recently purchased a Telstra TV3 and have noticed frequent freezing and crashes when using the “live tv” feature for FTA channels. It seems to occur after watching FTA tv for an hour or so. The picture will suddenly freeze and device becomes unresponsive - and will often reset itself automatically. It’s not a reception issue as I get 100% signal strength. And I have clear working picture for at least an hour before it crashes. This issue only seems to happen when using live tv. Have not experienced any of these issues when using a streaming service. 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Telstra TV3 crashes while on “live tv”

That would be inconvenient @Fruitloop99 & my advice would be to refer to the steps mentioned here

If you still have trouble, I'd suggest speaking with our messaging team via the Telstra app so we can help you further with this. If they're unable to resolve, they will escalate this further for you. To do that, open the Telstra app then tap the 'get help' tab at the bottom of the screen & you will see the blue speech bubble to 'Message Us'. While you will first speak with our virtual assistant Codi, follow the prompts & if they're unable to fix, they will put you through to a team member that can assist further if you type 'more help'.

Make sure notifications are on within the Telstra app too, this way you can go about your day & reply further there when you get a response. Replies usually occur between 8am-8pm AEST. If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted

Hello,

sorry but that link does not help me - as it only refers to freezing issues caused by internet/data allowance problems. My Telstra tv only freezes when watching live free to air channels via digital antenna connection. I get 100% signal, works fine for an hour or so, then the device crashes, remote control becomes unresponsive and device resets. Sometimes I have to physically unplug and reboot the device as I can’t even get back to the home menu. I don’t get this issue when using streaming services. Only the FTA channels.

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

It does sound like there is some kind of potential fault that needs to be looked into with your device. In this case, the best thing to do is send a message to the support team through the My Telstra app. The staff on there will go through some questions about the device and organise a replacement if they consider the unit to have a hardware fault. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

I have the same problem.

Highlighted

I think it’s a software issue that would require a patch or update to fix

Highlighted

Still no luck resolving this issue - tried contacting Telstra via messaging on the app - and they told me they can’t help and to call up - so I called up - and got told there is no one who can help over the phone and told me to send a message via the app.... Telstra TV tech support are apparently closed so there is no one who can help.

Telstra TV

Telstra TV helps you find and discover more of what you love.

Find out more