Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra TV3 shutting down and rebooting regularly

My Telstra TV3 has started shutting down and rebooting every day. And it turns itself on in the middle of the night which starts the TV and sound bar.. any solution for this?

The remote didn’t work properly from the start and Telstra supplied an old model remote which works but doesn’t have all the functions of TV3. Are they updating the software so the remote works?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 22: Superhuman
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: Telstra TV3 shutting down and rebooting regularly

@RoryB4 wrote:

My Telstra TV3 has started shutting down and rebooting every day. And it turns itself on in the middle of the night which starts the TV and sound bar.. any solution for this?

The remote didn’t work properly from the start and Telstra supplied an old model remote which works but doesn’t have all the functions of TV3. Are they updating the software so the remote works?

Hi @RoryB4 

I believe Telstra is working on a firmware fix for the auto-starting issue. It must be getting close as this has been going on for some time.

You can purchase an enhanced remote to work with any TTV. You will find it in the settings to enable those remotes.

New remotes can be purchased in the online shop or using Telstra Reward points, and some Telstra retail shops.

Someone keeps putting vegetables in my beer crisper
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Re: Telstra TV3 shutting down and rebooting regularly

Thanks, that’s great news.

shouldnt Telstra replace the faulty remote with the equivalenremote? I am paying for the advanced remote, 

Telstra TV

Telstra TV helps you find and discover more of what you love.

Find out more