Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Telstra2 Tv remote and FTA antenna issues.

I have 2 Telstra 2 Tv sets. One remote will not work, I think the buttons are held down and are making the light blink continually. I used my other sets remote to get through some of the set up, but when I returned to the first unit, it was clicking through the screens at the same time. If I do get the second one's remote to work, will I have the issue of changing both sets at the same time, They are 3 rooms apart?? Also I took the antenna straight out of my T Box and plugged it into the new Telstra2 and I have hardly any signal, the picture is a mess and no channels from 10. I don't know what to do next really. I'm feeling the whole situation is a mess. I had 3 different people in the live chat at sign up process tell me that "The telstra 2 Tv, is the same as my T Box. Well as we know, it certainly isn't. Any advice for the antenna issue and/or the remote interference??

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Telstra2 Tv remote and FTA antenna issues.

Hi Rae7, 

You shouldn't have any issues using the same remote on two different Telstra TV 2's. The remote works by sending an infrared signal like most remotes, and needs a line of sight to operate, so if the other one is 3 rooms away it shouldn't be affected.

Inregards to the antenna issues might I suggest that you try the following troubleshooting:

1. Check that the antenna cable is plugged in properly into the Telstra TV 2 device – ensure it's fully pushed in, which is about 1cm on most antenna connections
  2. Perform a factory reset on your Telstra TV 2 and re-do a full channel scan to see if this helps.

If it doesn't please get in touch with our Telstra TV Assurance on 132200. (Say Telstra TV then Faults when prompted.) 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted

I've done all that. Tech support got me to swith the antenna around. Still crap. He said it doesn't work in all areas. I've asked on a local community Facebook page, everyone else seems to be fine. I've tried both TTV2 sets, used 2 different antenna leads and nothing.
Highlighted

Further to these problems, my second tv is a 1080p and by all accounts should be compatible to the TTV2. It's not, I cannot see anything it's completely useless. So I now have no FTA on the 2 TTV'S and my NBN has been down for 2 days and only on sporadically for the past week. Therefore, I on top of no FTA on the TTV'S, I also have no Foxtel, no netflix that I'm also paying for and no Internet access on any device, so I'm using up my phones data. We've spent hours on the phone with Telstra getting palmed off from "expert" to "expert" and no one has any answers. This is the greatest load of crap I have ever encountered and am going to cancel the whole lot, pay you off the exit fee at $5 a week for eternity and get Optus with Fetch tv. I'm so done!! 😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Rae7. 

There was an issue with the Telstra TV2 affecting the resolution settings, but this was fixed in the latest firmware update. On your Telstra TV go to System > Software Update on both and get it to check for and download the latest software which should resolve this for you.

In regards to your NBN not working please visit our Outage Page and enter your address to check to see if there are any listed outages or maintenance events affecting you.  If there aren't please contact our NBN support team on 1800 834 273 (say faults when prompted) as they are the team best suited to investigate this further for you.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted

There are no outages. There's a problem with the node and a tech was supposed to fix it by 5pm yesterday, they didn't, they said, 5pm today now. Not on as yet therefore I cannot do an update. It says last updated Jan 12th.

Telstra TV

Telstra TV helps you find and discover more of what you love.

Find out more