Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

What happened to TuneIn Radio on Telstra TV? No longer appears in "app store".

We've had a Telstra TV (model 1) for maybe a year or so here, and have recently (perhaps roughly around the TTV 2.0 update) come upon the "9Now stuck loading..." issue that many others have had. Telstra's solution to this is a factory reset, but before going ahead with that, I wanted to make sure I didn't stand to lose anything important. It seems that TuneIn Radio no longer appears in the list of apps available to download, but my previously downloaded app still works (mostly) fine. If I want 9Now to start working again, do I have to completely lose access to TuneIn Radio? Frankly, I use TuneIn Radio a lot more than I do 9Now, so I'm probably better off sticking with the broken app, but that's a pretty unsatisfactory "solution". Failing some method to re-obtain TuneIn after a factory reset, is there a better solution to broken 9Now? Uninstalling/reinstalling the app is no help.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: What happened to TuneIn Radio on Telstra TV? No longer appears in "app store".

I have been able to replicate this on the Telstra TV here on our test bench, however I still have the Tune-In app in the My App section. Can you check if you still have the app in that section? - Shelly

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Re: What happened to TuneIn Radio on Telstra TV? No longer appears in "app store".

Shelly, I can confirm that TuneIn still shows up in the "My Apps" menu section (selected from the sidebar) and I can run it and it still works just fine. Perhaps relevant, though: it doesn't seem to show up on the Telstra TV's "Home" screen (which shows other apps). I don't really use the Home screen though anyway, I think checking just now was the most I've ever looked at it.

EDIT: Looking at the Home screen again, I also noticed that "DocPlay" appears along with all my other apps there, which is an app that I don't have installed at all and never have. As a complete lay user's baseless guess, is it possible that TuneIn Radio and DocPlay are having some sort of collision of "unique" IDs which is causing the Telstra TV to mix them up?

Highlighted
Level 5: Eagle Eye

Hi. Apologies for this inconvenience. We haven't dropped our association with the Tune-In app and our technicians are currently investigating why it currently isn't appearing. Hoping to have a resolution soon.

Telstra TV

Telstra TV helps you find and discover more of what you love.

Find out more