Level 1: Cadet

What is 'download asset'? I can't watch the TV series I purchased on Bigpond Movies

I purchased Series 7 of the Walking Dead on 19/02/17 but can't watch it. 

It is saying that it has been purchased and is showing on my transaction history but when I go to the episodes to watch them, it says 'download asset' and is prompting me to buy it again.

I actually did purchase Episode 1 again at a cost of $3.49, but in HD as I was desperate to watch it, and this worked fine.

What is happening?

I asked a question on this forum the same day but I now can't find it anywhere, let alone an answer. 

I also called Telstra on the same day to try to resolve the problem but was told that the Bigpond Movie team hadn't begun their shift yet (at 10.30am) and they would call me back. I never received a return call of which I am very frustrated about. 

I would like a refund of the whole series I bought in SD $44.99 as I am very unhappy with this service. 

Please fix this issue ASAP please. I think you've had long enough and been contacted enough. 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: What is 'download asset'? I can't watch the TV series I purchased on Bigpond Movies

Have you had a chance to look through the FAQs for a solution? 

If you still have questions, please email us at help@bigpondmovies.com or call 1800 502 502.

- Shelly

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Level 1: Cadet

Re: What is 'download asset'? I can't watch the TV series I purchased on Bigpond Movies

Have same problem just now but can't find a reference to it on FAQS. It doesn't show the same as when a movie or single episode is in process of "downloading" but does have the play simple greyed out. There is no indication the season is in the process of being downloaded currently. I have waited on the assumption it is downloading and the play symbol will light up when dowload is complete. No luck. I assume there's another button I need to press but can't figure it out.

Telstra TV

Telstra TV helps you find and discover more of what you love.

Find out more