Highlighted
Level 4: Private Eye

Which Telstra TV version?

Answered

Hi,

I already have NBN internet with Telstra and was thinking of adding Telstra TV?

What Telstra TV version will I get? I was also interested in the gaming console but I don't see ps4? $22/mth (24mnths) on the Xbox One-S is not attractive especially can buy a new one for $350-380 and soon the latest version of Xbox and Ps5 is going out date those older gaming console. 

Is there someone I can speak to regarding a bundle deal or do I only go off according to the offers from Telstra? 

BTW, lately our nbn been slowing down or dropping out? I do notice the increase of people moving into my suburb (300-500 peps) in the new block of flats (5 of them built).

Is this going to affect my nbn speed since the increase of those households, and assuming 80% signed up for internet?

I would like to know how this works?

Kind regards,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Re: Which Telstra TV version?

$429 https://www.jbhifi.com.au/products/xbox-one-x-1tb-console

$239 https://www.jbhifi.com.au/products/xbox-one-s-1tb-all-digital-edition-console-disc-free-gaming-1

Woohoo! How do Telstra compete with that? Locked in and ready to buy me one. Thanks Telstra, I mean JB. Solved!! 

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
18 REPLIES 18
Highlighted
Level 22: Superhuman

Hi @kingdom2017 

The current Telstra TV version is up to TTV3.

More information available at https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/News-Feed/Introducing-the-new-Telstra-TV/ba-p/805110 

I would suggest if you are purchasing one to try your local Telstra store, as online sales have been very slow to send items out presently.

I'll leave others to help you out with your other couple of questions.

Someone keeps putting vegetables in my beer crisper
Highlighted

• an active broadband connection (3.5 Mbps minimum)
  • a TV with HDMI port
  • a TV antenna 

-------

For the Telstra TV setup do I only need a TV and an antenna? Can it work without the antenna? I can get a internal antenna if need to. Can it work on a monitor by itself?

I thought it was only streaming just like the gaming console or am I missing something here?

Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity

The antenna is for FTA TV reception. If you aren't planning on watching FTA TV (or you are going to stream it through the channels apps, then you don't need to worry about it. Otherwise, you will need to get an antenna that is suitable to your reception area (I've got a clearish view to my TV Tower, so an amplified indoor antenna work fine).

It will be a bit silent using a monitor unless the monitor has speakers (or you stream the audio to your phone via the app). The Telstra TV unit doesn't have any speakers.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted

Ah I see. Interesting most monitors have no sound, however, they still have an audio jack which I can you use speakers? Sound far so good. I originally needed to solve, the Wifi extender/boaster for the furthest area in my house which I can purchase and Telstra TV for a monitor in one of the room.

Highlighted

@kingdom2017 wrote:

Ah I see. Interesting most monitors have no sound, however, they still have an audio jack which I can you use speakers? Sound far so good. I originally needed to solve, the Wifi extender/boaster for the furthest area in my house which I can purchase and Telstra TV for a monitor in one of the room.

Hi @kingdom2017 

The TTV connects to a TV or a monitor via an HDMI cable, does your monitor support that?

Highlighted

Yes, I just bought my new monitor last week and it definitely has HDMI.

Highlighted

Is there someone I can speak to regarding a bundle deal or do I only go off according to the offers from Telstra? 

BTW, lately our nbn been slowing down or dropping out? I do notice the increase of people moving into my suburb (300-500 peps) in the new block of flats (5 of them built).

Is this going to affect my nbn speed since the increase of those households, and assuming 80% signed up for internet?

I would like to know how this works?

----------------

Hi, is there someone who can actually respond to my questions please? 

Highlighted

@kingdom2017 wrote:

Hi @kingdom2017 

You can get one added to your account at $9 per month over 24 months. But there seems to be very long delays in getting items sent our to customers so you may find it better to try and get one via a Telstra Shop.

Otherwise, you can get one posted to you (But you have been warned).

If you want to chase it up you can via the My Telstra app, use the "Get Help" icon at the bottom of the screen and leave a message. That will go in a queue and be answered as soon as they can.

https://www.telstra.com.au/mytelstra

More information on how to leave a message via the My Telstra app can be found at
https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Accounts-Plans/How-to-message-with-us-in-the-My-Telstra-app/t...

Highlighted

--------------------

How about that speed is someone going to finally answer?

Highlighted

That is going to depend a lot on how the NBN is connected in your area. If you are on FTTN and all those premises are connected to the same node as you, it's going to have more of an effect on speed than if you are on one of the other connection types.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted

No worries.

No good deals with Telstra on gaming console? I guess will wait for the new Xbox or ps5 be worth my money.

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

$429 https://www.jbhifi.com.au/products/xbox-one-x-1tb-console

$239 https://www.jbhifi.com.au/products/xbox-one-s-1tb-all-digital-edition-console-disc-free-gaming-1

Woohoo! How do Telstra compete with that? Locked in and ready to buy me one. Thanks Telstra, I mean JB. Solved!! 

View solution in original post

Highlighted

The answer is that they don't. The product that Telstra is selling is geared around the XBox All Access subscription (valued @ $16 per month for 2 years), not the actual console itself. So you are buying something that is different to what Telstra is selling. Bananas and Oranges so to speak.

So with Telstra, the Xbox One X console works out at effectively $330 once you take the value of the Subscription into account, and the XBox One S is $264.

If you buy the XBox One X from JB Hifi and then get the Subscription through Microsoft direct, you will have paid about $79 extra over the 2 years.

You've got to read the entirety of what you are buying.

Highlighted

Well I'll damn! When I mentioned it earlier no one actually broke it down properly until now? Some of us like me are only thinking about the console and then you buy the game afterward. I didn't know you have the subscription for 2yrs I only understood it once I jumped on microsoft xbox online? 

This kind of suck because I probably would of added Telstra Xbox One S service when it was $22/mnth from 27/mnth few weeks ago? So someone here from Telstra failed to deliver that answer to me then knowing my situation could of been different if I understood it back then? I did enquire about this did I not? Poor sales pitch if you asked me!

Highlighted

You know what I am actually pissed off now! I worked it out and if Telstra was smart enough to work out for someone like me then I would of been convinced??

$5 off from $27/mth:

$22/mth * 24mnths = $528

528 - (23mths * 15.95 + $1 for 1st month =  367.85) = $160.15 for the console itself

If this is correct I would of been convinced and would of signed up!!!!!!

Highlighted

This is a forum where customers try to help other customers. It's not a Sales channel for Telstra. We have to rely on the same information that is available to you. It's not our fault if you don't read the details of what you are buying.

You posted a link to JB Hifi and I just pointed out that it was technically a different product. Take more care next time when making a purchase, look at all the inclusions before estimating its' value/cost.

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Hi - Did Telstra publish a PDF manual for the latest Telstra TV (Box)?

There was a good PDF manual published for the first version of Telstra TV (Roku 4700TL) - I am looking for something like this. 

If I cannot find something using Google in the first 10 mins it usually isn't there so I have a small degree of confidence Telstra published one. 

Thanks in advance!! 

Highlighted

That good manual for the first version of Telstra TV that you included a link for is actually a manual for a T Box, which is a totally different, and much older product.

There isn't a manual, but most of the questions are answered at https://www.telstra.com.au/support/category/entertainment/telstra-tv/how-to

Telstra TV

Telstra TV helps you find and discover more of what you love.

Find out more