Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

BLF entries on VVX Extender

Hi

Does anyone know if it is possible when running a VVX Extender on a VVX600 handset to allow the extender to be populated with Busy Lamp Field (BLF) entries rather than having the "list" of extensions starting on the VVX600?

Am trying to mimick a DSS type console so that when a user takes a call they still have visibility to the list of BLF monitored extensions on the Extender.   Presently all entries on the VVX600 are hidden during the active call.

Not sure this is possible but if it is I would certainly like to understand how to do it!  :-)

Thanks!

Ross

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 4: Private Eye

Re: BLF entries on VVX Extender

Hi Ross, thanks for your question re VVX & BLF. I have passed your question through to our Engineering CPE technical experts. Unfortunately, I have been advised that, it is not possible to commence BLF entries on the VVX extender rather than on the handset itself. At this stage, there are no plans to enable and roll out this capability.

Highlighted
Telstra Products & Services Team
Telstra Products & Services Team

Ross,

You can get back to the BLF keys on the handset during a call . Option B would be to use a VVX 410 which has a non touch screen which hard line keys like the expansion module.

http://www.polycom.com.au/products-services/voice/desktop-solutions/realpresence-desktop-vvx-busines...

Brad.

Brad
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

How about enabling the web config of the phones so we can statically assing BLF entries, this will allow us to have all contacts on the expansion module